Aida/Web One-Click Experience

Janko Mivšek
Dear all,

That's an appeal specially for Squeakers: should we make an "Aida/Web
one click experience" too, as Seasiders just did? Squeakers would
probably know better how to do that, and One-click experience is a part
of Sophie project.

http://news.squeak.org/2007/11/10/seaside-one-click-experience/
http://www.seaside.st/download/squeak#167943699
http://www.sophieproject.org/

Janko

--
Janko Miv?ek
AIDA/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Aida/Web One-Click Experience

Nicolas Petton

Le samedi 10 novembre 2007 ? 17:50 +0100, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :
> Dear all,
>
> That's an appeal specially for Squeakers: should we make an "Aida/Web
> one click experience" too, as Seasiders just did?
It would be great, I tried the seaside one, it's a good way to start.
BTW, I built a squeak image with dev packages (ecompletion, RB, etc),
and the latest sport, swazoo and aida. Is anyone interested?

Cheers,

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Une pi?ce jointe non texte a ?t? nettoy?e...
Nom: non disponible
Type: application/pgp-signature
Taille: 189 octets
Desc: Ceci est une partie de message

Squeak-Web image (was Aida/Web One-Click Experience)

Janko Mivšek
Hi Nicolas,

nicolas petton wrote:
> Le samedi 10 novembre 2007 ? 17:50 +0100, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :

> It would be great, I tried the seaside one, it's a good way to start.
> BTW, I built a squeak image with dev packages (ecompletion, RB, etc),
> and the latest sport, swazoo and aida. Is anyone interested?

Definitively! But even better would be if you ask Damien Cassou
damien.cassou na gmail.com to add all these in his Squeak-Web image,
besides Seaside. Now that there exists SeasideForSwazoo adapter too, we
can actually put both Aida and Seaside in a same image and even let them
run on Swazoo in parallel! This will help other to compare both web
frameworks much easier and even mix their use!

So, would you ask Damien and help him to do that? I already talked with
him about that and his main objection at that time was just
non-existence of that adapter.

Best regards
JAnko

http://www.aidaweb.si

Squeak-Web image (was Aida/Web One-Click Experience)

Nicolas Petton

Le samedi 10 novembre 2007 ? 21:24 +0100, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> nicolas petton wrote:
> > Le samedi 10 novembre 2007 ? 17:50 +0100, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :
>
> > It would be great, I tried the seaside one, it's a good way to start.
> > BTW, I built a squeak image with dev packages (ecompletion, RB, etc),
> > and the latest sport, swazoo and aida. Is anyone interested?
>
> Definitively! But even better would be if you ask Damien Cassou
> damien.cassou at gmail.com to add all these in his Squeak-Web image,
> besides Seaside. Now that there exists SeasideForSwazoo adapter too, we
> can actually put both Aida and Seaside in a same image and even let them
> run on Swazoo in parallel! This will help other to compare both web
> frameworks much easier and even mix their use!
>
> So, would you ask Damien and help him to do that?

I asked Damien, and he said we need to ask Lukas first, because he's the
owner of the seaside package on Universe and currently Seaside works
with Commanche by default. If Lukas is ok to change that and make
Seaside work with Swazoo by default, then Damien will be ok to add Aida
to his image.

Cheers,

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr
Ma cl? GPG est disponible ici :
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE788C34D

Une pi?ce jointe non texte a ?t? nettoy?e...
Nom: non disponible
Type: application/pgp-signature
Taille: 189 octets
Desc: Ceci est une partie de message

Aida/Web One-Click Experience

Nicolas Petton

I made a simple "Aida one click experience" with my Squeak/Aida image,
and it works fine under Linux and MacOSX.

Could someone help me with MSWindows version, because I do not have
Windows, and I don't know how to do it.

I also need an Aida logo, Janko, maybe you have something ?

Thanks,

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr
Ma cl? GPG est disponible ici :
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE788C34D

Une pi?ce jointe non texte a ?t? nettoy?e...
Nom: non disponible
Type: application/pgp-signature
Taille: 189 octets
Desc: Ceci est une partie de message

Aida/Web One-Click Experience

Janko Mivšek
Nicolas perfect! You can send it to me to test in my VMWare Windows.

Logo is not ready yet, so let we finish base Aida OCE (One-Click
Experience) first

Janko

http://www.aidaweb.si

Aida/Web One-Click Experience

Nicolas Petton

Le vendredi 16 novembre 2007 ? 16:12 +0100, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :
> Nicolas perfect! You can send it to me to test in my VMWare Windows.
There is no windows executable yet, that's why I need help...
Is it Ok if I put Aida5.4.1 with my patches in the image? The patches
are the ones I talked on the list.

Nicolas

> Logo is not ready yet, so let we finish base Aida OCE (One-Click
> Experience) first
>
> Janko
>

> nicolas petton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I made a simple "Aida one click experience" with my Squeak/Aida image,
> > and it works fine under Linux and MacOSX.
> >
> > Could someone help me with MSWindows version, because I do not have
> > Windows, and I don't know how to do it.
> >
> > I also need an Aida logo, Janko, maybe you have something ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Nicolas
> >
> > Le samedi 10 novembre 2007 ? 17:50 +0100, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> That's an appeal specially for Squeakers: should we make an "Aida/Web
> >> one click experience" too, as Seasiders just did? Squeakers would
> >> probably know better how to do that, and One-click experience is a part
> >> of Sophie project.
> >>
> >> http://news.squeak.org/2007/11/10/seaside-one-click-experience/
> >> http://www.seaside.st/download/squeak#167943699
> >> http://www.sophieproject.org/
> >>
> >> Janko

Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr
             ___
           ooooooo
          OOOOOOOOO
         |Smalltalk|
          OOOOOOOOO
           ooooooo
            \   /
             [|]
--------------------------------

nicolas petton wrote:

>> Nicolas perfect! You can send it to me to test in my VMWare Windows.

> There is no windows executable yet, that's why I need help...
> Is it Ok if I put Aida5.4.1 with my patches in the image? The patches
> are the ones I talked on the list.

Yes please, put that one.

http://www.aidaweb.si

Aida/Web One-Click Experience

Nicolas Petton
Hi,

The One click experience archive works fine on Windows too now, I simply
put the windows squeak VM and I renamed it aida.exe, with an .ini file.

Janko, I will mail you the archive.

Cheers,

Nicolas

Le vendredi 16 novembre 2007 ? 20:28 +0100, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> nicolas petton wrote:
>
> >> Nicolas perfect! You can send it to me to test in my VMWare Windows.
>
> > There is no windows executable yet, that's why I need help...
> > Is it Ok if I put Aida5.4.1 with my patches in the image? The patches
> > are the ones I talked on the list.
>
> Yes please, put that one.
>

> > Nicolas
> >> Logo is not ready yet, so let we finish base Aida OCE (One-Click
> >> Experience) first
> >>
> >> Janko

Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr