Aida/Web and Swazoo short-term plans

Janko Mivšek
Dear all,

You probably like to know what are current activities and plans for both
Swazoo and Aida:

1. Swazoo 2.0 final on VW and Squeak is finished and is already testing
on production systems. So far so good! Recent main new Swazoo feature is
input streaming (for large file uploads) and output streaming/chunking
(for large file downloads and also HTTP streaming/Comet). We can now
actually stream movies from Smalltalk!

Swazoo 2.0 will be released in few days. I hope we will soon after
manage to make a Dolphin and even Smalltalk/X port of 2.0.

2. Aida/Web 5.4. will be released soon, with support for above mentioned
streaming, more robust Ajax, WebGrid ajaxified filters, better realtime
statistics with referrers, to see from where your visitors come, better
usage of the newest TinyMCE editor, and more.

It will be released first on VW, then Squeak. Again I hope that Dolphin
and ST/X will follow soon.

3. Aida/Web 5.6 (or 6.0?) will include a CMS which will come from my
commercial CMS product called BiArt. I will open source part which is
running Aida's and Swazoo websites and includes Wiki, document
versioning, image attachments, image gallery, etc. Actually everything
you need to run and maintain your own website like http://www.aidaweb.si!

What do you think about that plan?

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Miv?ek
AIDA/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Aida/Web and Swazoo short-term plans

Stefan Schmiedl
On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:31:47 +0200
Janko Miv?ek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> wrote:

> What do you think about that plan?

Yay! Good times ahead.

Do you anticipate problems migrating 5.2 stuff to upcoming versions?

s.

Aida/Web and Swazoo short-term plans

giorgiof
Hi, Janko,

No vacation for you?:-)  Great job!

On 8/15/07, Janko Miv?ek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> You probably like to know what are current activities and plans for both
> Swazoo and Aida:
>
> 1. Swazoo 2.0 final on VW and Squeak is finished and is already testing
> on production systems. So far so good! Recent main new Swazoo feature is
> input streaming (for large file uploads) and output streaming/chunking
> (for large file downloads and also HTTP streaming/Comet). We can now
> actually stream movies from Smalltalk!
>
> Swazoo 2.0 will be released in few days. I hope we will soon after
> manage to make a Dolphin and even Smalltalk/X port of 2.0.
>
> 2. Aida/Web 5.4. will be released soon, with support for above mentioned
> streaming, more robust Ajax, WebGrid ajaxified filters, better realtime
> statistics with referrers, to see from where your visitors come, better
> usage of the newest TinyMCE editor, and more.
>
> It will be released first on VW, then Squeak. Again I hope that Dolphin
> and ST/X will follow soon.
>
> 3. Aida/Web 5.6 (or 6.0?) will include a CMS which will come from my
> commercial CMS product called BiArt. I will open source part which is
> running Aida's and Swazoo websites and includes Wiki, document
> versioning, image attachments, image gallery, etc. Actually everything
> you need to run and maintain your own website like http://www.aidaweb.si!
>
> What do you think about that plan?
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>

> --
> Janko Miv?ek
> AIDA/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Aida/Web and Swazoo short-term plans

Nicholas Moore
Great roadmap Janko, keep up the good work!

Janko Miv?ek wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> You probably like to know what are current activities and plans for both
> Swazoo and Aida:

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Aida/Web and Swazoo short-term plans

Janko Mivšek
Hi Stefan,

Stefan Schmiedl wrote:

> Do you anticipate problems migrating 5.2 stuff to upcoming versions?

No, because I'm careful not to change an existing API but just add a new
functionality. So you can safely start with Aida 5.2 and later migrate
to new versions.

Best regards
Janko

http://www.aidaweb.si

Aida/Web and Swazoo short-term plans

Janko Mivšek
Thanks Nicholas, and how is your website progressing? Remember that Aida
6.0 will have a complete Wiki too, so you don't need to worry about that
part of website yet.

Best regards
Janko

http://www.aidaweb.si

Aida/Web and Swazoo short-term plans

Janko Mivšek
Hi Giorgio,

giorgio ferraris wrote:
> Hi, Janko,
>
> No vacation for you?:-)  Great job!

Actually is kind of vacation, because I'm just enjoying in that work :)
By the way, will you be present on ESUG?

And others, will someone come to Lugano? We can have a discussion about
Aida plans in the future! With a beer or wine in a hand I think we can
enjoy it ;)

Best regards
JAnko

http://www.aidaweb.si

Aida/Web and Swazoo short-term plans

giorgiof
Hi, Janko,
I have some trouble for that time frame, but I will try to be there at least
two days. Start ordering beer!

ciao

Giorgio

ps: I'll let you know my schedule asap.

On 8/16/07, Janko Miv?ek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> wrote:

> Thanks Nicholas, and how is your website progressing? Remember that Aida
> 6.0 will have a complete Wiki too, so you don't need to worry about that
> part of website yet.
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>

> Nicholas Moore wrote:
> > Great roadmap Janko, keep up the good work!
> >

> --
> Janko Miv?ek
> AIDA/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Aida/Web and Swazoo short-term plans

Nicholas Moore
The web site is coming on, although I have to keep backgrounding it as
other things take priority - which seems to help with the pleasure I get
each time I am able to get back to it!

I have used your Discussion component as the basis for a Forum. I have
refactored it so that a singleton WebForum Object knows about
WebForumTopics and each topic knows about it's own WebForumTopicResponses.

I only expect low volumes for a while so have implemented a simple
policy such that the image is saved each time a news article or forum
topic are created. Later on I will probably rotate the saves through a
small number of version numbers (to provide a history in emergency) and
sweep them up at regular intervals with a cron job.

I am looking forward to the Wiki implementation - then the site will be
pure AIDA/Web!

Regards
Nicholas