Aida/Web now loads and runs well on Pharo 1.1

Aida/Web now loads and runs well on Pharo 1.1

Janko Mivšek
Hi guys,

I just made Aida ready on new and wonderfull Pharo 1.1. and now Aida
installs and run nicelly and even side by side with Seaside. You can
even run both on the same Swazoo web server, which is also included.

Just evulate DEVImageWorkspaces openExternalProjectWorkspace then
evaluate loads of both Seaside and Aida, then start both, for Aida evaluate:

        SwazooAida demoStart
        "open http://localhost:8888 in your web browser"

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Aida/Web now loads and runs well on Pharo 1.1

Stéphane Ducasse
janko
excellent news.
Did you create and publish configurationOfSwazoo.... Aida?
Because this is the way to go :)

Stef

On Jul 28, 2010, at 11:15 PM, Janko Mivšek wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I just made Aida ready on new and wonderfull Pharo 1.1. and now Aida
> installs and run nicelly and even side by side with Seaside. You can
> even run both on the same Swazoo web server, which is also included.
>
> Just evulate DEVImageWorkspaces openExternalProjectWorkspace then
> evaluate loads of both Seaside and Aida, then start both, for Aida evaluate:
>
> SwazooAida demoStart
> "open http://localhost:8888 in your web browser"
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>

> --
> Janko Mivšek
> AIDA/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Aida/Web now loads and runs well on Pharo 1.1

Janko Mivšek
Hi Stéphane,

On 31. 07. 2010 17:38, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
> janko
> excellent news.
> Did you create and publish configurationOfSwazoo.... Aida?
> Because this is the way to go :)

Yep, thanks to Dale's initial effort there are Metacello packages for:

        ConfigurationOfSPort2  "Sport portability layer"
        ConfigurationOfSwazoo2
        ConfigurationOfAida

FYI, during syncing of Aida to Squeak/Pharo I'm just writing a "Pharo
1.1. impressions and suggestions" email, which will be released soon. I
hope I can help that way the Pharo effort a bit :)

Best regards
Janko

> Stef
>
> On Jul 28, 2010, at 11:15 PM, Janko Mivšek wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I just made Aida ready on new and wonderfull Pharo 1.1. and now Aida
>> installs and run nicelly and even side by side with Seaside. You can
>> even run both on the same Swazoo web server, which is also included.
>>
>> Just evulate DEVImageWorkspaces openExternalProjectWorkspace then
>> evaluate loads of both Seaside and Aida, then start both, for Aida evaluate:
>>
>> SwazooAida demoStart
>> "open http://localhost:8888 in your web browser"
>>
>> Best regards
>> Janko
>>

>> --
>> Janko Mivšek
>> AIDA/Web
>> Smalltalk Web Application Server
>> http://www.aidaweb.si

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Re: Aida/Web now loads and runs well on Pharo 1.1

Stéphane Ducasse

> Yep, thanks to Dale's initial effort there are Metacello packages for:
>
> ConfigurationOfSPort2  "Sport portability layer"
> ConfigurationOfSwazoo2
> ConfigurationOfAida

Excellent.
We want to have self contained distributions that we can load in 5 years from now.

> FYI, during syncing of Aida to Squeak/Pharo I'm just writing a "Pharo
> 1.1. impressions and suggestions" email, which will be released soon. I
> hope I can help that way the Pharo effort a bit :)

eager to read that.