Aida/Web under Cuis

Giuseppe
Hi list.

There are some possibility to get Aida, Sport, and Swazzo, in form of
Changesets to try to load it on Cuis fork?

Cheers.

Re: Aida/Web under Cuis

Janko Mivšek
Hi guys,

For Unicode support you have only two methods in Aida:

        AIDASite class>>convert:fromCodepage:
        AIDASite class>>convert:toCodepage:

Those two methods are consistently used all around Aida. So, you need to
properly implement those two methods and Unicode support is there!

In case of Cuis I propose to do the following:

1. prepare a package, say Unicode-Simulated, where you just implement
two methods which are called from above Aida methods:

        String convertFromEncoding: aSymbol
        ^self

For the other one please see the implementation AIDASite
class>>convert:toCodepage and make an apprpriate simulation in
Unicode-Simulated

2. load that package before you load Aida

I hope this helps
Janko

Bèrto ëd Sèra pravi:

> AFAIK I'm afraid not. It's LOTS of utf8 related methods missing.
>
> Berto
>
> 2009/4/21 Giuseppe Luigi Punzi <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Hi list.
>
>     There are some possibility to get Aida, Sport, and Swazzo, in form of
>     Changesets to try to load it on Cuis fork?
>
>     Cheers.

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Re: Aida/Web under Cuis

Bèrto ëd Sèra
Hi Janko!

most problems I met actually came form swazoo.

Berto

2009/4/21 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>
Hi guys,

For Unicode support you have only two methods in Aida:

       AIDASite class>>convert:fromCodepage:
       AIDASite class>>convert:toCodepage:

Those two methods are consistently used all around Aida. So, you need to
properly implement those two methods and Unicode support is there!

In case of Cuis I propose to do the following:

1. prepare a package, say Unicode-Simulated, where you just implement
two methods which are called from above Aida methods:

       String convertFromEncoding: aSymbol
       ^self

For the other one please see the implementation AIDASite
class>>convert:toCodepage and make an apprpriate simulation in
Unicode-Simulated

2. load that package before you load Aida

I hope this helps
Janko

Bèrto ëd Sèra pravi:
> AFAIK I'm afraid not. It's LOTS of utf8 related methods missing.
>
> Berto
>
> 2009/4/21 Giuseppe Luigi Punzi <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Hi list.
>
>     There are some possibility to get Aida, Sport, and Swazzo, in form of
>     Changesets to try to load it on Cuis fork?
>
>     Cheers.

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

==============================
Constitution du 24 juin 1793 - Article 35. - Quand le gouvernement viole les droits du peuple, l'insurrection est, pour le peuple et pour chaque portion du peuple, le plus sacré des droits et le plus indispensable des devoirs.

Re: Aida/Web under Cuis

Janko Mivšek
Bèrto ëd Sèra pravi:

> most problems I met actually came form swazoo.

What kind of?

Janko

> 2009/4/21 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Hi guys,
>
>     For Unicode support you have only two methods in Aida:
>
>            AIDASite class>>convert:fromCodepage:
>            AIDASite class>>convert:toCodepage:
>
>     Those two methods are consistently used all around Aida. So, you need to
>     properly implement those two methods and Unicode support is there!
>
>     In case of Cuis I propose to do the following:
>
>     1. prepare a package, say Unicode-Simulated, where you just implement
>     two methods which are called from above Aida methods:
>
>            String convertFromEncoding: aSymbol
>            ^self
>
>     For the other one please see the implementation AIDASite
>     class>>convert:toCodepage and make an apprpriate simulation in
>     Unicode-Simulated
>
>     2. load that package before you load Aida
>
>     I hope this helps
>     Janko
>

>     Bèrto ëd Sèra pravi:
>     > AFAIK I'm afraid not. It's LOTS of utf8 related methods missing.
>     >
>     > Berto
>     >
>     > 2009/4/21 Giuseppe Luigi Punzi <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     > <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>>
>     >
>     >     Hi list.
>     >
>     >     There are some possibility to get Aida, Sport, and Swazzo, in
>     form of
>     >     Changesets to try to load it on Cuis fork?
>     >
>     >     Cheers.
>     >     _______________________________________________
>     >     Aida mailing list
>     >     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>     >     http://lists.aidaweb.si/mailman/listinfo/aida
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>
>     --
>     Janko Mivšek
>     Svetovalec za informatiko
>     Eranova d.o.o.
>     Ljubljana, Slovenija
>     www.eranova.si <http://www.eranova.si>
>     tel:  01 514 22 55
>     faks: 01 514 22 56
>     gsm: 031 674 565

> ==============================
> Constitution du 24 juin 1793 - Article 35. - Quand le gouvernement viole
> les droits du peuple, l'insurrection est, pour le peuple et pour chaque
> portion du peuple, le plus sacré des droits et le plus indispensable des
> devoirs.

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Re: Aida/Web under Cuis

Janko Mivšek
Janko Mivšek pravi:
> Bèrto ëd Sèra pravi:
>
>> most problems I met actually came form swazoo.
>
> What kind of?

Also, load Sport and Swazoo only and run all tests. This should reveal
the problems fast.

Janko

>> 2009/4/21 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>
>>     Hi guys,
>>
>>     For Unicode support you have only two methods in Aida:
>>
>>            AIDASite class>>convert:fromCodepage:
>>            AIDASite class>>convert:toCodepage:
>>
>>     Those two methods are consistently used all around Aida. So, you need to
>>     properly implement those two methods and Unicode support is there!
>>
>>     In case of Cuis I propose to do the following:
>>
>>     1. prepare a package, say Unicode-Simulated, where you just implement
>>     two methods which are called from above Aida methods:
>>
>>            String convertFromEncoding: aSymbol
>>            ^self
>>
>>     For the other one please see the implementation AIDASite
>>     class>>convert:toCodepage and make an apprpriate simulation in
>>     Unicode-Simulated
>>
>>     2. load that package before you load Aida
>>
>>     I hope this helps
>>     Janko
>>

>>     Bèrto ëd Sèra pravi:
>>     > AFAIK I'm afraid not. It's LOTS of utf8 related methods missing.
>>     >
>>     > Berto
>>     >
>>     > 2009/4/21 Giuseppe Luigi Punzi <[hidden email]
>>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>     > <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>>
>>     >
>>     >     Hi list.
>>     >
>>     >     There are some possibility to get Aida, Sport, and Swazzo, in
>>     form of
>>     >     Changesets to try to load it on Cuis fork?
>>     >
>>     >     Cheers.
>>     >     _______________________________________________
>>     >     Aida mailing list
>>     >     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>     >     http://lists.aidaweb.si/mailman/listinfo/aida
>>     >
>>     >
>>     >
>>     >
>>     >
>>     >
>>
>>     --
>>     Janko Mivšek
>>     Svetovalec za informatiko
>>     Eranova d.o.o.
>>     Ljubljana, Slovenija
>>     www.eranova.si <http://www.eranova.si>
>>     tel:  01 514 22 55
>>     faks: 01 514 22 56
>>     gsm: 031 674 565
>>

>> --
>> ==============================
>> Constitution du 24 juin 1793 - Article 35. - Quand le gouvernement viole
>> les droits du peuple, l'insurrection est, pour le peuple et pour chaque
>> portion du peuple, le plus sacré des droits et le plus indispensable des
>> devoirs.

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Re: Aida/Web under Cuis

Bèrto ëd Sèra
Nasty me, I did not keep a log :( Anyway, if anyone wants to try it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to file out an aida install and file it in on CUIS.

Berto

2009/4/21 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>
Bèrto ëd Sèra pravi:

> most problems I met actually came form swazoo.

What kind of?

Janko

> 2009/4/21 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     Hi guys,
>
>     For Unicode support you have only two methods in Aida:
>
>            AIDASite class>>convert:fromCodepage:
>            AIDASite class>>convert:toCodepage:
>
>     Those two methods are consistently used all around Aida. So, you need to
>     properly implement those two methods and Unicode support is there!
>
>     In case of Cuis I propose to do the following:
>
>     1. prepare a package, say Unicode-Simulated, where you just implement
>     two methods which are called from above Aida methods:
>
>            String convertFromEncoding: aSymbol
>            ^self
>
>     For the other one please see the implementation AIDASite
>     class>>convert:toCodepage and make an apprpriate simulation in
>     Unicode-Simulated
>
>     2. load that package before you load Aida
>
>     I hope this helps
>     Janko
>

>     Bèrto ëd Sèra pravi:
>     > AFAIK I'm afraid not. It's LOTS of utf8 related methods missing.
>     >
>     > Berto
>     >
>     > 2009/4/21 Giuseppe Luigi Punzi <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     > <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>>
>     >
>     >     Hi list.
>     >
>     >     There are some possibility to get Aida, Sport, and Swazzo, in
>     form of
>     >     Changesets to try to load it on Cuis fork?
>     >
>     >     Cheers.
>     >     _______________________________________________
>     >     Aida mailing list
>     >     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>     >     http://lists.aidaweb.si/mailman/listinfo/aida
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >
>
>     --
>     Janko Mivšek
>     Svetovalec za informatiko
>     Eranova d.o.o.
>     Ljubljana, Slovenija
>     www.eranova.si <http://www.eranova.si>
>     tel:  01 514 22 55
>     faks: 01 514 22 56
>     gsm: 031 674 565
> Constitution du 24 juin 1793 - Article 35. - Quand le gouvernement viole
> les droits du peuple, l'insurrection est, pour le peuple et pour chaque
> portion du peuple, le plus sacré des droits et le plus indispensable des
> devoirs.

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.