AidaWeb first early filen in Cuis a bit delayed

AidaWeb first early filen in Cuis a bit delayed

garduino
Hi Janko:

Just for comment that I found some things that I need to check in more
detail (classes that are not inheriting correctly, missing extensions
at class level) on the first filein of Aida in Cuis 4.1 (I did make a
lot manually at method level, others at class level and seems that I
lost things in the way)

Then, I couldn't end today, as we talked on irc, to put a download
image for you continue working in the port.

As soon as I have news, I will comment here.

--
Sincerely,
Germán Arduino

Re: AidaWeb first early filen in Cuis a bit delayed

Janko Mivšek
Hi Germán,

Dne 21. 01. 2013 22:34, piše Germán Arduino:

> Hi Janko:
>
> Just for comment that I found some things that I need to check in more
> detail (classes that are not inheriting correctly, missing extensions
> at class level) on the first filein of Aida in Cuis 4.1 (I did make a
> lot manually at method level, others at class level and seems that I
> lost things in the way)
>
> Then, I couldn't end today, as we talked on irc, to put a download
> image for you continue working in the port.
>
> As soon as I have news, I will comment here.

Nice to hear that and good luck!

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
Aida/Web

Re: AidaWeb first early filen in Cuis a bit delayed

garduino
Hi Janko:

Ok, a first completed import in a Cuis 4.1 image is on place.

You can download a complete image from:
http://www.arduinosoftware.com/cuis/CuisAida.zip

Also the code and installation instructions are in:
https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-Aida

I tried to advance a bit more, I found several things that need to be
modified to make Aida work but I really not have much more time in the
next days, then I decided publish this, as Janko requested (" a first
filein ") but more work is needed to have Aida working (and may be
port other pharo/squeak utilities, may be in the compatibility layer
or as a new one).

I will try to help with the stuff that I already know from porting
other packages.

Another question is that take time to install the libraries, and could
be a good idea to to have them in a separate package, but is up to
you.

Good Luck!

2013/1/22 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Germán,
>
> Dne 21. 01. 2013 22:34, piše Germán Arduino:
>> Hi Janko:
>>
>> Just for comment that I found some things that I need to check in more
>> detail (classes that are not inheriting correctly, missing extensions
>> at class level) on the first filein of Aida in Cuis 4.1 (I did make a
>> lot manually at method level, others at class level and seems that I
>> lost things in the way)
>>
>> Then, I couldn't end today, as we talked on irc, to put a download
>> image for you continue working in the port.
>>
>> As soon as I have news, I will comment here.
>
> Nice to hear that and good luck!
>
> Janko
>

> --
> Janko Mivšek
> Aida/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: AidaWeb first early filen in Cuis a bit delayed

Janko Mivšek
Hi Germán,

Very nice, thanks a lot! I'm currenlty ill but in few days I'll be back
to continue your work.

Best regards
Janko

Dne 24. 01. 2013 19:36, piše Germán Arduino:

> Hi Janko:
>
> Ok, a first completed import in a Cuis 4.1 image is on place.
>
> You can download a complete image from:
> http://www.arduinosoftware.com/cuis/CuisAida.zip
>
> Also the code and installation instructions are in:
> https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-Aida
>
> I tried to advance a bit more, I found several things that need to be
> modified to make Aida work but I really not have much more time in the
> next days, then I decided publish this, as Janko requested (" a first
> filein ") but more work is needed to have Aida working (and may be
> port other pharo/squeak utilities, may be in the compatibility layer
> or as a new one).
>
> I will try to help with the stuff that I already know from porting
> other packages.
>
> Another question is that take time to install the libraries, and could
> be a good idea to to have them in a separate package, but is up to
> you.
>
> Good Luck!
>

> 2013/1/22 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Germán,
>>
>> Dne 21. 01. 2013 22:34, piše Germán Arduino:
>>> Hi Janko:
>>>
>>> Just for comment that I found some things that I need to check in more
>>> detail (classes that are not inheriting correctly, missing extensions
>>> at class level) on the first filein of Aida in Cuis 4.1 (I did make a
>>> lot manually at method level, others at class level and seems that I
>>> lost things in the way)
>>>
>>> Then, I couldn't end today, as we talked on irc, to put a download
>>> image for you continue working in the port.
>>>
>>> As soon as I have news, I will comment here.
>>
>> Nice to hear that and good luck!
>>
>> Janko
>>

>> --
>> Janko Mivšek
>> Aida/Web
>> Smalltalk Web Application Server
>> http://www.aidaweb.si

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Re: AidaWeb first early filen in Cuis a bit delayed

Janko Mivšek
Hi guys,

Aida is now ported and works on Cuis! Germán I'm sending you the image
back privately.

BTW, which version of Aida is this? It seems it is not 6.5-interim? Can
you port now the changes to this latest interim release? Well, this
practice will be needed to maintain Aida anyway :)

Best regards
Janko

Dne 24. 01. 2013 19:36, piše Germán Arduino:

> Hi Janko:
>
> Ok, a first completed import in a Cuis 4.1 image is on place.
>
> You can download a complete image from:
> http://www.arduinosoftware.com/cuis/CuisAida.zip
>
> Also the code and installation instructions are in:
> https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-Aida
>
> I tried to advance a bit more, I found several things that need to be
> modified to make Aida work but I really not have much more time in the
> next days, then I decided publish this, as Janko requested (" a first
> filein ") but more work is needed to have Aida working (and may be
> port other pharo/squeak utilities, may be in the compatibility layer
> or as a new one).
>
> I will try to help with the stuff that I already know from porting
> other packages.
>
> Another question is that take time to install the libraries, and could
> be a good idea to to have them in a separate package, but is up to
> you.
>
> Good Luck!
>

> 2013/1/22 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Germán,
>>
>> Dne 21. 01. 2013 22:34, piše Germán Arduino:
>>> Hi Janko:
>>>
>>> Just for comment that I found some things that I need to check in more
>>> detail (classes that are not inheriting correctly, missing extensions
>>> at class level) on the first filein of Aida in Cuis 4.1 (I did make a
>>> lot manually at method level, others at class level and seems that I
>>> lost things in the way)
>>>
>>> Then, I couldn't end today, as we talked on irc, to put a download
>>> image for you continue working in the port.
>>>
>>> As soon as I have news, I will comment here.
>>
>> Nice to hear that and good luck!
>>
>> Janko
>>

>> --
>> Janko Mivšek
>> Aida/Web
>> Smalltalk Web Application Server
>> http://www.aidaweb.si

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Fwd: [Cuis] AidaWeb first early filen in Cuis a bit delayed

garduino
Damn, again I forgot to reply all, sorry :(

Re: AidaWeb first early filen in Cuis a bit delayed

bobcalco
Where can we get it?

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 6:37 AM, Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

Aida is now ported and works on Cuis! Germán I'm sending you the image
back privately.

BTW, which version of Aida is this? It seems it is not 6.5-interim? Can
you port now the changes to this latest interim release? Well, this
practice will be needed to maintain Aida anyway :)

Best regards
Janko

Dne 24. 01. 2013 19:36, piše Germán Arduino:
> Hi Janko:
>
> Ok, a first completed import in a Cuis 4.1 image is on place.
>
> You can download a complete image from:
> http://www.arduinosoftware.com/cuis/CuisAida.zip
>
> Also the code and installation instructions are in:
> https://github.com/garduino/Cuis-Aida
>
> I tried to advance a bit more, I found several things that need to be
> modified to make Aida work but I really not have much more time in the
> next days, then I decided publish this, as Janko requested (" a first
> filein ") but more work is needed to have Aida working (and may be
> port other pharo/squeak utilities, may be in the compatibility layer
> or as a new one).
>
> I will try to help with the stuff that I already know from porting
> other packages.
>
> Another question is that take time to install the libraries, and could
> be a good idea to to have them in a separate package, but is up to
> you.
>
> Good Luck!
>

> 2013/1/22 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Germán,
>>
>> Dne 21. 01. 2013 22:34, piše Germán Arduino:
>>> Hi Janko:
>>>
>>> Just for comment that I found some things that I need to check in more
>>> detail (classes that are not inheriting correctly, missing extensions
>>> at class level) on the first filein of Aida in Cuis 4.1 (I did make a
>>> lot manually at method level, others at class level and seems that I
>>> lost things in the way)
>>>
>>> Then, I couldn't end today, as we talked on irc, to put a download
>>> image for you continue working in the port.
>>>
>>> As soon as I have news, I will comment here.
>>
>> Nice to hear that and good luck!
>>
>> Janko
>>

>> --
>> Janko Mivšek
>> Aida/Web
>> Smalltalk Web Application Server
>> http://www.aidaweb.si

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Bob Calco
25325 Geddy Dr.
Land O'Lakes, FL 34639

813-406-5019 (landline)
813-520-2891 (mobile)

Re: AidaWeb first early filen in Cuis a bit delayed

garduino
I will be working on the publishing all the stuff, the documentation
and a ready to use image later today.