AidaWebHosting

Giuseppe
Hi all,

I'm starting to create AidaSeasideWebHosting (OMG!)

Each user will have his own SSH, FTP, and VNC access, with 100MB of
space for the moment.

Probably, I will need help for Web administration tools. The
colaborators, will obtain "premium" services.

I do this on my free time, please, don't be impatient, because this will
take time :D

At first steps, There will be a closed beta testing.

Please, stay tunned.

Re: AidaWebHosting

Herbert König
Hello Giuseppe,

GLP> Probably, I will need help for Web administration tools. The
GLP> colaborators, will obtain "premium" services.

GLP> I do this on my free time, please, don't be impatient, because this will
GLP> take time :D

I might be one of your first customers, so how can I help?

I'm really an Aida beginner but everything I do for your project will
improve my Aida abilities and I guess will get a free critical review
before it's adopted :-)) Good deal for me.

I'm in the same situation as you regarding spare time.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: AidaWebHosting

Janko Mivšek
Hi Giuseppe,

This is very nice to hear. Can you tell us a bit more about your plan?

I am also planning to open a virtual server on my forthcoming new
collocated server, dedicated specially for hosting non-commercial Aida
projects.

As I understand you will establish a commercial Aida hosting? Very nice
indeed. We can therefore cooperate to establish two, one for
non-commercial, your for commercial hosting.

I also have plans to extend Swazoo with reverse proxy, to ease such
hosting of Smalltalk web frameworks considerably. When this will happen
is hard to say, but I hope at least until the end of the year. How do
you plan to solve this? With some automatic Apache scripts or something?

Best regards
Janko

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi pravi:

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: AidaWebHosting

Giuseppe
I'm in the planning process.

At the moment, I'm thinking about the use of Zones on Solaris. Each
user will have a zone (each zone has his own ip). The problem, is to
automate the creation of zones and mapping IP and ports.

The main idea is to offer free hosting for the moment, but, later, if
possible, paid hosting, but for this, dedicated lines, servers, NAS
and so on is needed, and don't have the money now.

When this is working, then, will be time to think about other ideas.

El 01/03/2009, a las 11:52, Janko Mivšek escribió:

> Hi Giuseppe,
>
> This is very nice to hear. Can you tell us a bit more about your plan?
>
> I am also planning to open a virtual server on my forthcoming new
> collocated server, dedicated specially for hosting non-commercial Aida
> projects.
>
> As I understand you will establish a commercial Aida hosting? Very
> nice
> indeed. We can therefore cooperate to establish two, one for
> non-commercial, your for commercial hosting.
>
> I also have plans to extend Swazoo with reverse proxy, to ease such
> hosting of Smalltalk web frameworks considerably. When this will
> happen
> is hard to say, but I hope at least until the end of the year. How do
> you plan to solve this? With some automatic Apache scripts or
> something?
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>
> Giuseppe Luigi Punzi pravi:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm starting to create AidaSeasideWebHosting (OMG!)
>>
>> Each user will have his own SSH, FTP, and VNC access, with 100MB of
>> space for the moment.
>>
>> Probably, I will need help for Web administration tools. The
>> colaborators, will obtain "premium" services.
>>
>> I do this on my free time, please, don't be impatient, because this
>> will
>> take time :D
>>
>> At first steps, There will be a closed beta testing.
>>
>> Please, stay tunned.
>

> --
> Janko Mivšek
> AIDA/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: AidaWebHosting

Janko Mivšek
Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz pravi:
> I'm in the planning process.
>
> At the moment, I'm thinking about the use of Zones on Solaris. Each
> user will have a zone (each zone has his own ip). The problem, is to
> automate the creation of zones and mapping IP and ports.

Why Solaris? Wouldn't be more useful to do something similar on Linux,
because it is more used·? Ok, I'm using Linux too ...:)

I thought to open new Linux account to any new user, then put one or
more his images in chroot jails. All this can bi done from some agent
image with root rights, which is connected to the main admin image.

About IPs, because there will be a Swazoo front end which has virtual
server support, we need just one public IP while user images can run on
just on localhost and different ports.

Janko

> The main idea is to offer free hosting for the moment, but, later, if
> possible, paid hosting, but for this, dedicated lines, servers, NAS
> and so on is needed, and don't have the money now.
>
> When this is working, then, will be time to think about other ideas.
>
> El 01/03/2009, a las 11:52, Janko Mivšek escribió:
>
>> Hi Giuseppe,
>>
>> This is very nice to hear. Can you tell us a bit more about your plan?
>>
>> I am also planning to open a virtual server on my forthcoming new
>> collocated server, dedicated specially for hosting non-commercial Aida
>> projects.
>>
>> As I understand you will establish a commercial Aida hosting? Very
>> nice
>> indeed. We can therefore cooperate to establish two, one for
>> non-commercial, your for commercial hosting.
>>
>> I also have plans to extend Swazoo with reverse proxy, to ease such
>> hosting of Smalltalk web frameworks considerably. When this will
>> happen
>> is hard to say, but I hope at least until the end of the year. How do
>> you plan to solve this? With some automatic Apache scripts or
>> something?
>>
>> Best regards
>> Janko
>>
>> Giuseppe Luigi Punzi pravi:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm starting to create AidaSeasideWebHosting (OMG!)
>>>
>>> Each user will have his own SSH, FTP, and VNC access, with 100MB of
>>> space for the moment.
>>>
>>> Probably, I will need help for Web administration tools. The
>>> colaborators, will obtain "premium" services.
>>>
>>> I do this on my free time, please, don't be impatient, because this
>>> will
>>> take time :D
>>>
>>> At first steps, There will be a closed beta testing.
>>>
>>> Please, stay tunned.
>>
>> --
>> Janko Mivšek
>> AIDA/Web
>> Smalltalk Web Application Server
>> http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: AidaWebHosting

Giuseppe
Hi Janko,

I thought on Zones because some months ago, I checked SOlaris and this
sounded interesting.

But, if an approach on Linux could be easy to deploy, I have my
machine ready with Slackware 12, and only need some light in my way.

Cheers.

P.D.: I'm new to "advance" linux