AioPlugin is back in linux VMs

EstebanLM
Hi,

I reintroduced AioPlugin into the linux VM.
In Mac it is there since always.
In windows is irrelevant.

So well, if you use linux and download the latest vm, you can play with it and check that everything is ok (or the contrary) :)

Esteban

Re: AioPlugin is back in linux VMs

EstebanLM
ah yes… this was important for OSProcess and derivates :)

Esteban

Esteban

Re: AioPlugin is back in linux VMs

EstebanLM
so you can pipe outputs when executing OSProcess commands.
something like that.

On 28 Oct 2014, at 17:53, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:

whats the purpose of the plugin ? How we can test it ?

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 6:51 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I reintroduced AioPlugin into the linux VM.
In Mac it is there since always.
In windows is irrelevant.

So well, if you use linux and download the latest vm, you can play with it and check that everything is ok (or the contrary) :)

Esteban

Esteban

Re: AioPlugin is back in linux VMs

Thierry Goubier
Thanks Esteban,

this is really nice :)

Thierry

Le 28/10/2014 17:52, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :

> ah yes… this was important for OSProcess and derivates :)
>
> Esteban
>
>> On 28 Oct 2014, at 17:51, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I reintroduced AioPlugin into the linux VM.
>> In Mac it is there since always.
>> In windows is irrelevant.
>>
>> So well, if you use linux and download the latest vm, you can play with it and check that everything is ok (or the contrary) :)
>>
>> Esteban

Re: AioPlugin is back in linux VMs

David T. Lewis
On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 06:53:49PM +0200, kilon alios wrote:
> whats the purpose of the plugin ? How we can test it ?

AioPlugin provides support for asynchronous IO event notification. When
an external IO event occurs, the event registration causes a Smalltalk
semaphore to be signaled. A process can wait on this semaphore, thereby
acting as an event handler for the external event.

Code for the plugin is at http://www.squeaksource.com/AioPlugin.

For testing and examples, see class AioEventHandlerExample in package OSProcess,
and AioEventHandlerTestCase in OSProcess-Tests.

Dave

> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 6:51 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I reintroduced AioPlugin into the linux VM.
> > In Mac it is there since always.
> > In windows is irrelevant.
> >
> > So well, if you use linux and download the latest vm, you can play with it
> > and check that everything is ok (or the contrary) :)
> >
> > Esteban

Re: AioPlugin is back in linux VMs

Damien Cassou
On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 4:09 AM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> For testing and examples, see class AioEventHandlerExample in package OSProcess,

it works! Thanks Esteban and David.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: AioPlugin is back in linux VMs

mikefilonov
Hi Esteban,

I feel stupid to ask but I downloaded the latest VM from http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo/linux/ and I can't find this plugin. I also checked CI job at https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/job/PharoVM/Architecture=32,Slave=vm-builder-linux/ but no luck there too.

Could you please advise me where I should download the latest VM?

Thank you for your job!

Re: AioPlugin is back in linux VMs

EstebanLM
You do not have to see it, is an internal plugin.
Is like the sun, even if you do not see it he is there :P

> On 29 Oct 2014, at 15:43, mikefilonov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Esteban,
>
> I feel stupid to ask but I downloaded the latest VM from
> http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo/linux/ and I can't find this plugin. I also
> checked CI job at
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/job/PharoVM/Architecture=32,Slave=vm-builder-linux/
> but no luck there too.
>
> Could you please advise me where I should download the latest VM?
>
> Thank you for your job!

Re: AioPlugin is back in linux VMs

Tudor Girba-2

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 4:10 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
You do not have to see it, is an internal plugin.
Is like the sun, even if you do not see it he is there :P

Is this what you tell yourself during the Lille autumn days? :)

Doru

> On 29 Oct 2014, at 15:43, mikefilonov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Esteban,
>
> I feel stupid to ask but I downloaded the latest VM from
> http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo/linux/ and I can't find this plugin. I also
> checked CI job at
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo/job/PharoVM/Architecture=32,Slave=vm-builder-linux/
> but no luck there too.
>
> Could you please advise me where I should download the latest VM?
>
> Thank you for your job!

"Every thing has its own flow"