Airbrake for Pharo

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi guys. In my post about "Moving contexts and debugger between images" Francois recommend me to take a look to http://airbrakeapp.com/
I recommend you to take a look to the project to get an idea what it is. I argued that it was not open-source but then "renemendoza" pointed me out an open-source project which is API compliant with airbrake: https://github.com/errbit/errbit

I think it could be a nice project to see how we can integreate that with Pharo. Could a Pharo-based app use such a tool?  For example, can we add PharoDebug.log, crash.dump, etc etc?  Do we need to write a client for Pharo?

Would be able to upload Fuel serialized contexts so that someone can then debug in another image (with the limitations that it has) ?

Cheers

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM, Lawson English <[hidden email]> wrote:
Have you looked at Spoon lately?

Yes, more than what you can imagine. My PhD topic is related to Spoon, I have even checks its VM code and I have privatly discussed with Graig.
That being said, I don't see how Spoon can be related to what I am saying in this email.

Thanks

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 11:04 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM, Lawson English <[hidden email]> wrote:
Have you looked at Spoon lately?

Yes, more than what you can imagine. My PhD topic is related to Spoon, I have even checks its VM code and I have privatly discussed with Graig.
That being said, I don't see how Spoon can be related to what I am saying in this email.

Ok...maybe I got it now. Related to the stuff of moving contexts and stuff between images right? if that's the case, then I appreciate the hint :)

Now I am still waiting for comments on the Airbrake.

[...]

Re: remote debugging (was "Airbrake for Pharo")

ccrraaiigg

Hi Mariano--

> Related to the stuff of moving contexts and stuff between images
> right?

     Yeah. With Spoon you can debug processes whose contexts span
multiple machines. Mostly the contexts stay where they are, though, and
the debugger uses proxies on them.

-C

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume

Re: Airbrake for Pharo

Igor Stasenko
On 22 February 2012 00:07, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 11:04 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM, Lawson English <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Have you looked at Spoon lately?
>>>

>> Yes, more than what you can imagine. My PhD topic is related to Spoon, I
>> have even checks its VM code and I have privatly discussed with Graig.
>> That being said, I don't see how Spoon can be related to what I am saying
>> in this email.
>

> Ok...maybe I got it now. Related to the stuff of moving contexts and stuff
> between images right? if that's the case, then I appreciate the hint :)
>
> Now I am still waiting for comments on the Airbrake.

I like the concept. If it helps to distinguish between old (and
already fixed) bug and new one.. it is cool.

>> Thanks
>>

>>> L.
>>>

>>> On 2/21/12 2:48 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi guys. In my post about "Moving contexts and debugger between images"
>>> Francois recommend me to take a look to http://airbrakeapp.com/
>>> I recommend you to take a look to the project to get an idea what it is.
>>> I argued that it was not open-source but then "renemendoza" pointed me out
>>> an open-source project which is API compliant with airbrake:
>>> https://github.com/errbit/errbit
>>>
>>> I think it could be a nice project to see how we can integreate that with
>>> Pharo. Could a Pharo-based app use such a tool?  For example, can we add
>>> PharoDebug.log, crash.dump, etc etc?  Do we need to write a client for
>>> Pharo?
>>>
>>> Would be able to upload Fuel serialized contexts so that someone can then
>>> debug in another image (with the limitations that it has) ?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mariano
>>> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com
>>>

>> --
>> Mariano
>> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com
>>

> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: Airbrake for Pharo

Camillo Bruni-3
I think for long-running / remote services this is what you want.
I remember using django-sentry: https://github.com/dcramer/sentry for tracking remote errors...

https://github.com/dcramer/sentry

I prefer the interface of django-sentry over errbit, but otherwise I don't really see a bit diff.

best
cami