Ajax callback and rendering a new page

squeakman
Greetings,

I am attempting to get the following behaviour:
1. user clicks on a row in an HTML table (I do not want to use an anchor)
2. a totally new page is rendered.

Getting control back on the server is easy using code something like:
html updater callback: [:r | "display a new page" ]

My problem is how do I render a totally new page from within the
callback.  Is this possible?

Many Thanks,
Frank

Re: Ajax callback and rendering a new page

Lukas Renggli
> Getting control back on the server is easy using code something like:
> html updater callback: [:r | "display a new page" ]
>
> My problem is how do I render a totally new page from within the callback.
>  Is this possible?

Have a look at how WAAnchorTag creates the URL for a callback that
does a full refresh. Use the same technique to create an URL and
combine it with the following Javascript:

    window.location = "http://www.somewhere.com/?_s=123&_k=456&7

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Ajax callback and rendering a new page

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Frank,

I haven't investigated Lukas' suggestion so it may be just what you are
looking for.  But I have to wonder why you are using the Ajax updater in
the first place.  Without it, you could go back to the server and it would
render a new page without the Ajax updater trying to get just a portion
replaced.

Lou

Louis LaBrunda wrote:

>  But I have to wonder why you are using the Ajax updater in
> the first place.  Without it, you could go back to the server and it would
> render a new page without the Ajax updater trying to get just a portion
> replaced.
>
> Lou

Hi Lou,

Picture an HTML table with a couple of columns and lets say each row
displays some summary information (a few fields) about a person.

Id   Name   Address
--------------------------+
|12| Fred | 123 Someplace |
+--+------+---------------+
|71| Wilma| 456 Somewhere |
+--+------+---------------+

I don't want to use anchors for each cell; what I want is for the user
to be able to double-click on a row and have a new page displayed. The
new page will have the full information about the person.

I hope this explains my requirements.  If you have an alternative
solution I would appreciate hearing it.

Cheers,

Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Have a look at how WAAnchorTag creates the URL for a callback that
> does a full refresh. Use the same technique to create an URL and
> combine it with the following Javascript:
>
>     window.location = "http://www.somewhere.com/?_s=123&_k=456&7
>
> Lukas

Hi Lukas,

I looked in detail at WAAnchorTag but I cannot piece it together.  It is
not clear to me how the Javascript snippet fits in.

If you have the time, could you give me a few more clues?

Many Thanks,
Frank

Re: Re: Ajax callback and rendering a new page

Ryan Simmons-2
You can use SUScript's callback.
Something like

renderTableRowOn: html
  html tableRow
    onDoubleClick: ((SUScript on: html) callback: [self call:
....................]);
    with: [...............................]

Ryan
On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 3:08 AM, Squeaker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lukas Renggli wrote:
>>
>> Have a look at how WAAnchorTag creates the URL for a callback that
>> does a full refresh. Use the same technique to create an URL and
>> combine it with the following Javascript:
>>
>>    window.location = "http://www.somewhere.com/?_s=123&_k=456&7
>>
>> Lukas
>>

> Hi Lukas,
>
> I looked in detail at WAAnchorTag but I cannot piece it together.  It is not
> clear to me how the Javascript snippet fits in.
>
> If you have the time, could you give me a few more clues?
>
> Many Thanks,
> Frank

RE: Re: Ajax callback and rendering a new page

Sebastian Sastre-2

> I don't want to use anchors for each cell; what I want is for
> the user
> to be able to double-click on a row and have a new page
> displayed. The
> new page will have the full information about the person.
>
> I hope this explains my requirements.  If you have an alternative
> solution I would appreciate hearing it.
>
> Cheers,
> Frank

As you can style anchors to look whatever you like, is not clear why you don't
want to use them. What's the reason that motivates you to not use anchors?
Cheers,
Sebastian

Sebastian Sastre wrote:

> As you can style anchors to look whatever you like, is not clear why you don't
> want to use them. What's the reason that motivates you to not use anchors?
> Cheers,
> Sebastian

I think you are right. I was confused in my thinking.  Anchors will work
just fine.

Thanks for your help.

Frank