Algernon for 1.1.

Torsten Bergmann
Hi there,

ConfigurationOfAlgernon will crash with 1.1.
Anyone knows if Algernon is still maintained?

The method #multipleFocusHolderCs returns
a changeset to change HandMorph ... not nice

This will cause the crash (underscores?) and will also
patch the Morphic package which has open changes
afterwards.

Bye
Torsten

Re: Algernon for 1.1.

Stéphane Ducasse
not that I know.
Can you publish in the repository?

Stef
On May 19, 2010, at 11:57 PM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> ConfigurationOfAlgernon will crash with 1.1.
> Anyone knows if Algernon is still maintained?
>
> The method #multipleFocusHolderCs returns
> a changeset to change HandMorph ... not nice
>
> This will cause the crash (underscores?) and will also
> patch the Morphic package which has open changes
> afterwards.
>
> Bye
> Torsten

Re: Algernon for 1.1.

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 11:57 PM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there,

ConfigurationOfAlgernon will crash with 1.1.
Anyone knows if Algernon is still maintained?

Yes, more or less. Esteban (and little me) use to fix it because he cannot live without it hahahah

The method #multipleFocusHolderCs returns
a changeset to change HandMorph ... not nice

Yes. This was discussed. And extract the .cs, adapt it to pharo and analize if the change was worth.
This was done in order to support multiple handlers and so that WorkingSet can work too.
The changes were good for me, but my knoweldege is very, very limited in HandMorph and Morph in general.
If someone can talk a look and give us green light, we can integrate such change, and that will not be necessary any more.
This is the main cause we don't put it in PharoDev.

Here is the link: http://forum.world.st/Putting-Algernon-and-WorkingSet-in-a-Dev-image-tp1295930p1295941.html

This will cause the crash (underscores?) and will also
patch the Morphic package which has open changes
afterwards.

Yes. Thanks Torsten.

Bye
Torsten

Re: Algernon for 1.1.

EstebanLM
Yes, that package was created by me, because I use algernon a lot. And
I agree it is an awful solution (to install a changeset kept in a
method)... but that is the fastest way I fount to have it working.
Maybe with 1.1 I can make something better :)

Cheers,
Esteban

On 2010-05-20 06:41:43 -0300, Mariano Martinez Peck
<[hidden email]> said:

> [...]
> if the change was worth.
> This was done in order to support multiple handlers and so that WorkingSet
> can work too.
> The changes were good for me, but my knoweldege is very, very limited in
> HandMorph and Morph in general.
> If someone can talk a look and give us green light, we can integrate such
> change, and that will not be necessary any more.
> This is the main cause we don't put it in PharoDev.
>
> Here is the link:
> http://forum.world.st/Putting-Algernon-and-WorkingSet-in-a-Dev-image-tp1295=
> 930p1295941.html
>

>> This will cause the crash (underscores?) and will also
>> patch the Morphic package which has open changes
>> afterwards.
>>

> Yes. Thanks Torsten.
>

>> Bye
>> Torsten
>> --
>> GRATIS f=FCr alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!
>> Jetzt freischalten unter http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome01

> n Bergmann <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a
> href=3D"mailto:[hidden email]" target=
> =3D"_blank">[hidden email]</a>&gt;</span>
> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gm=
> ail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(2=
> 04, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
>
> Hi there,<br>
> ConfigurationOfAlgernon will crash with 1.1.<br>
> Anyone knows if Algernon is still maintained?<br>
>  fix it because he cannot live without it hahahah<br>=A0</div><blockquote c=
> lass=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px s=
> olid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
>

> The method #multipleFocusHolderCs returns<br>
> This was discussed. And extract the .cs, adapt it to pharo and analize if t=
> he change was worth. <br>This was done in order to support multiple handler=
> s and so that WorkingSet can work too.<br>
>
> The changes were good for me, but my knoweldege is very, very limited in Ha=
> ndMorph and Morph in general.<br>If someone can talk a look and give us gre=
> en light, we can integrate such change, and that will not be necessary any =
> more.<br>
>
> This is the main cause we don&#39;t put it in PharoDev. <br>=A0<br>Here is =
> the link: <a href=3D"http://forum.world.st/Putting-Algernon-and-WorkingSet-=
> in-a-Dev-image-tp1295930p1295941.html">http://forum.world.st/Putting-Algern=
> on-and-WorkingSet-in-a-Dev-image-tp1295930p1295941.html</a><br>
> t 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
> This will cause the crash (underscores?) and will also<br>
> patch the Morphic package which has open changes<br>
> afterwards.<br>
> ss=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px sol=
> id rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
> Bye<br>
> Torsten<br>
> GRATIS f=FCr alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!<br>

Re: Algernon for 1.1.

open a ticket