Alien osVersion is not defined. Pharo 5

nacho
Hi!
I've been trying to run some examples from Alien.
It seems that the method 'osVersion' is not defined anymore and that method is used in:
Allien class>>libcName
I guess it was a method that was removed from SmalltalkImage.
Any work around?
Thanks!
Nacho
Nacho Smalltalker apprentice. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: Alien osVersion is not defined. Pharo 5

EstebanLM
Hi,

In Pharo, Alien is included as backend for UFFI but is not recommended to use it directly.
Instead, I invite you to see the class FFICallback and the method FFICallback class>>exampleCqsort.

if you insist, well… you can just modify that method to point where you want… now, I insist… why that if you have UFFI?

Esteban

> On 12 Apr 2017, at 18:04, nacho <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi!
> I've been trying to run some examples from Alien.
> It seems that the method 'osVersion' is not defined anymore and that method
> is used in:
> Allien class>>libcName
> I guess it was a method that was removed from SmalltalkImage.
> Any work around?
> Thanks!
> Nacho
>

> -----
> Nacho
> Smalltalker apprentice.
> Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: Alien osVersion is not defined. Pharo 5

nacho
Thanks Esteban
I will look at that.
Nacho Smalltalker apprentice. Buenos Aires, Argentina.