Alien

Torsten Bergmann
According to the Alien squeaksource page (wiki section)
one has to evaluate

ScriptLoader loadLatestPackage: 'AlienLoader' from: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Alien'.
(Smalltalk at: #AlienLoader) load

But this crashes in latest core #10462 while it seems to
load in core #10441.

And my question about the state and a pointer to the alien plugin
for win32 is also still unanswered...

Thx
T.

Re: Alien

Hockenberry
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Alien and special objects Array

Fernando olivero
Hi Torsten, strange because Alien used to crash on old images because
it adds to slots to the special objects array, and since the indexes
are hardcoded throughtout the whole  image, it crashed after loading
Alien.

We fix that problem a while ago, and i've also added a initial loading
check ( that validates that the special objects array is the requiered
size).

Could you tell us if you get that error? And more info on when it
crashes?

Saludos,
Fernando

pd:  did the special objects array change in the last core?

Il giorno Sep 28, 2009, alle ore 7:12 PM, Torsten Bergmann ha scritto:

> According to the Alien squeaksource page (wiki section)
> one has to evaluate
>
> ScriptLoader loadLatestPackage: 'AlienLoader' from: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Alien'
> .
> (Smalltalk at: #AlienLoader) load
>

> But this crashes in latest core #10462 while it seems to
> load in core #10441.
>
> And my question about the state and a pointer to the alien plugin
> for win32 is also still unanswered...
>
> Thx
> T.
> --
> Jetzt kostenlos herunterladen: Internet Explorer 8 und Mozilla
> Firefox 3.5 -
> sicherer, schneller und einfacher! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser

Re: Alien

Fernando olivero
Ahh.. and regarding the windows plugin i cant tell much because i'm
using alien in mac osX.

All i know is that John builds and maintains the Alien plugin for the
mac vm. Other platforms i dont know.

Fernando