AlienFFI new package

1 message Options

AlienFFI new package

Fernando olivero
Hello,

During last SATTOSE  together with Stéphane and Johan Brichau we
worked on  Alien FFI.

Now it loads again into  Pharo.

libraries are reified: AlienLibrary and its subclasses.
b. We moved the examples in Alien class to an  AlienExamples class.
c. Moved the libC related methods and glu code to the LibCLibrary
class ( take a look at the qsort and printf methods).

To load Alien framework you should:
1. place the external plugin IA32ABI in the proper folder
2. load the AlienLoader package from the Alien project in squeaksource.
3.  Evaluate "AlienLoader loadInPharo "

To test that it was succesfuly installed, you can do the following:
1. Evaluate AlienLoader loadLibC
2. Run the test AlienExamplesTest>> testLibCPrintf

Any comments, or advice is appreciated.

Fernando

pd:
The main problem with Alien loading into lastes Pharo  was that the
Alien and UnsafeAlien are added to the specialObjectsArray, and the
size of it was modified since Alien package was originally published
by John.

pd2: Still didn't try out the AlienLoader>>loadWin32, cause i have a
mac. Will try to do it in the next week.