AlmostOutOfMemory errors and SocketStream>>checkFlush

1 message Options

AlmostOutOfMemory errors and SocketStream>>checkFlush

GLASS mailing list
We're looking at occasional AlmostOutOfMemory exceptions in production. One pattern that we see is where ZnBivalentWriteStream>>next:putAll:startingAt: sends SocketStream>>next:putAll:startingAt: which then sends #checkFlush, and that is when the AlmostOutofMemory exception is raised.

Curious as to why SocketStream>>autoFlush is false. I think it is set in ZnNetworkingUtils>>setSocketStreamParameters: ... there is probably a good reason, but we're wonder if this is contributing to the rare AlmostOufOfMemory exception. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks for any info,
Bob Nemec