AlphaBlendedIcons

Andres Fortier-2
Hi list,
           I'm migrating some apps to 7.7.1 and I want to load new
resources in an AlphaBlendedIcons subclass to try some spinners. I
haven't been able to find documentation about loading new images. I've
tried with senders of #importMaskedImage: or references to the
subclasses that aren't just accessors with no luck. I've also tried
doing something like:

MyClass>>myIcon
        <file: './Spinners/SpinnerTest_0.png'>

but evaluating MyClass myIcon returns the class itself. I've seen in the
class comment that it mentions the integration of assets, but I don't
know how to do that integration. Could someone give me a hint?

Any pointers will be much appreciated!

--
Thanks in advance,
Andrés

Re: AlphaBlendedIcons

Rob Vens-2
You need to load the Assets-IDE parcel. This will give you a menu item
in the browser to load png files from disk, and automatically import
them as methods in your subclass. Works like a charm, but I  think
this parcel should be loaded by default.

Op 7 Dec 2010 om 21:06 heeft andres <[hidden email]>
het volgende geschreven:

> Hi list,
>           I'm migrating some apps to 7.7.1 and I want to load new
> resources in an AlphaBlendedIcons subclass to try some spinners. I
> haven't been able to find documentation about loading new images. I've
> tried with senders of #importMaskedImage: or references to the
> subclasses that aren't just accessors with no luck. I've also tried
> doing something like:
>
> MyClass>>myIcon
>    <file: './Spinners/SpinnerTest_0.png'>
>
> but evaluating MyClass myIcon returns the class itself. I've seen in the
> class comment that it mentions the integration of assets, but I don't
> know how to do that integration. Could someone give me a hint?
>
> Any pointers will be much appreciated!
>
> --
> Thanks in advance,
> Andrés

Re: AlphaBlendedIcons

Andres Fortier-2
Thanks Randy and Rob, I'll check it out!

Rob Vens escribió:

> You need to load the Assets-IDE parcel. This will give you a menu item
> in the browser to load png files from disk, and automatically import
> them as methods in your subclass. Works like a charm, but I  think
> this parcel should be loaded by default.
>
> Op 7 Dec 2010 om 21:06 heeft andres <[hidden email]>
> het volgende geschreven:
>
>> Hi list,
>>           I'm migrating some apps to 7.7.1 and I want to load new
>> resources in an AlphaBlendedIcons subclass to try some spinners. I
>> haven't been able to find documentation about loading new images. I've
>> tried with senders of #importMaskedImage: or references to the
>> subclasses that aren't just accessors with no luck. I've also tried
>> doing something like:
>>
>> MyClass>>myIcon
>>    <file: './Spinners/SpinnerTest_0.png'>
>>
>> but evaluating MyClass myIcon returns the class itself. I've seen in the
>> class comment that it mentions the integration of assets, but I don't
>> know how to do that integration. Could someone give me a hint?
>>
>> Any pointers will be much appreciated!
>>
>> --
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Andrés

Re: AlphaBlendedIcons

Travis Griggs-4

On Dec 7, 2010, at 12:50 PM, andres wrote:

> Thanks Randy and Rob, I'll check it out!

Make yours Assets class a subclass of AlphaBlendedIcons (or copy its
import behavior to your own Assets). Otherwise, default import of pngs
is flat Image objects.

--
Travis Griggs
[hidden email]