AlphaCompositeImage & Xinerama

1 message Options

AlphaCompositeImage & Xinerama

Holger Kleinsorgen-4
Hello,

when running VW 7.7 on X11 with Xinerama (multi desktop extension), VW
freezes when displaying any AlphaCompositeImage. And since all tool
icons are AlphaCompositeImages, it freezes pretty soon ;)

When Xinerama is enabled, XCopyArea won't generate GraphicsExpose or
NoExpose events anymore, so the VM never returns from a call to XIfEvent.

To be able to run 7.7, Xinerama must be disabled.
I've switched to the open source driver for my ATI graphics card, which
supports XRandR. I don't know if it is possible to use XRandR with the
proprietary fglrx driver.