Alternative implementation for Cursor>>show:

Alternative implementation for Cursor>>show:

Fernando olivero
Hi, i think this send to Sensor could be avoided by replacing the Cursor>>show: method with

Cursor>>show
        self class currentCursor: self.

Instead of a:

Cursor>>show
        "Make the hardware's mouse cursor look like the receiver"

        Sensor currentCursor: self

InputSensor>>currentCursor: newCursor
        "The current cursor is maintained in class Cursor."

        Cursor currentCursor: newCursor.

Re: Alternative implementation for Cursor>>show:

Mariano Martinez Peck
Yes, this seems reasonable, as we should delete all references to Cursor.

Do you agree with this ?   If true we need to create an issue and commit :)

Cheers

Mariano

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Fernando olivero <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, i think this send to Sensor could be avoided by replacing the Cursor>>show: method with

Cursor>>show
       self class currentCursor: self.

Instead of a:

Cursor>>show
       "Make the hardware's mouse cursor look like the receiver"

       Sensor currentCursor: self

InputSensor>>currentCursor: newCursor
       "The current cursor is maintained in class Cursor."

       Cursor currentCursor: newCursor.

Re: Alternative implementation for Cursor>>show:

Stéphane Ducasse
It is true?
Did you check what mike sent a while ago (or in the bugtracker about inputEventSensor?

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
It is true?
Did you check what mike sent a while ago (or in the bugtracker about inputEventSensor?

I don't know what you are talking about.

> Yes, this seems reasonable, as we should delete all references to Cursor.
>
> Do you agree with this ?   If true we need to create an issue and commit :)
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano
>
> On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Fernando olivero <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi, i think this send to Sensor could be avoided by replacing the Cursor>>show: method with
>
> Cursor>>show
>        self class currentCursor: self.
>

> Instead of a:
>
> Cursor>>show
>        "Make the hardware's mouse cursor look like the receiver"
>
>        Sensor currentCursor: self
>

> InputSensor>>currentCursor: newCursor
>        "The current cursor is maintained in class Cursor."
>
>        Cursor currentCursor: newCursor.

Re: Alternative implementation for Cursor>>show:

Fernando olivero
Hi , i think this change could be performed regardless of the InputSensor fixes.

It's just removing a double dispatch that does not  add much

On Feb 9, 2010, at 9:36 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
It is true?
Did you check what mike sent a while ago (or in the bugtracker about inputEventSensor?

I don't know what you are talking about.

> Yes, this seems reasonable, as we should delete all references to Cursor.
>
> Do you agree with this ?   If true we need to create an issue and commit :)
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano
>
> On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Fernando olivero <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi, i think this send to Sensor could be avoided by replacing the Cursor>>show: method with
>
> Cursor>>show
>        self class currentCursor: self.
>

> Instead of a:
>
> Cursor>>show
>        "Make the hardware's mouse cursor look like the receiver"
>
>        Sensor currentCursor: self
>

> InputSensor>>currentCursor: newCursor
>        "The current cursor is maintained in class Cursor."
>
>        Cursor currentCursor: newCursor.

<ATT00001..txt>

2010/2/9 Fernando olivero <[hidden email]>
Hi , i think this change could be performed regardless of the InputSensor fixes.

It's just removing a double dispatch that does not  add much

yes. Please, open a bug ticket and commit :)