Alternatives to DataTables

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi,

Please allow me a slight off topic, but I'm in the need of some features
that DataTables [1] with all its capabilities can't provide.

¿Is there any existing alternative to it?

Regards!

[1] https://datatables.net
--
Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Alternatives to DataTables

Paul DeBruicker
There is a jqGrid package in JQueryWidgetBox

MCHttpRepository
        location: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/JQueryWidgetBox/main'
        user: ''
        password: ''

but I've no idea when it was last tested.

Esteban A. Maringolo wrote

Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

Re: Alternatives to DataTables

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi Paul,

I don't mind if jqGrid is outdated, I could port it again, but it also
lacks some features that I couldn't find in any other grid/table plugin
available.

The feature I'm looking for is the option to add horizontal scrolling of
column _groups_, along with fixed columns.

It is, you have Columns A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, and you want to have A,
B fixed to the left but C,D,E and F,G,H scroll horizontally independent
of each other (and if there is enough room, no horizontal scrolling
should be needed).

My last resort is to emulate such behavior by "stitching" tables side by
side. But I was hoping not needing to do so.

Regards!

On 21/06/2018 18:51, Paul DeBruicker wrote:

> There is a jqGrid package in JQueryWidgetBox
>
> MCHttpRepository
> location: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/JQueryWidgetBox/main'
> user: ''
> password: ''
>
> but I've no idea when it was last tested.
>

> Esteban A. Maringolo wrote
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please allow me a slight off topic, but I'm in the need of some features
>> that DataTables [1] with all its capabilities can't provide.
>>
>> ¿Is there any existing alternative to it?
>>
>> Regards!
>>

>> [1] https://datatables.net
>> --
>> Esteban A. Maringolo

> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Alternatives to DataTables

Johan Brichau-2
Hey Esteban,

We use datatables extensively in Yesplan and we are indeed now also putting tables side-by-side in a board layout. In our case, it’s to visualize a master-detail relationship, so they are really separate tables, although we are going to work on some vertical scrolling synchronization of both tables (still a todo… so we don’t know how well that is going to work out).

But I don’t think you can put multiple horizontal scrollbars in a single table element.

Also, I have yet to come across anything that is more powerful than datatables

cheers
Johan

> On 22 Jun 2018, at 20:13, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> I don't mind if jqGrid is outdated, I could port it again, but it also
> lacks some features that I couldn't find in any other grid/table plugin
> available.
>
> The feature I'm looking for is the option to add horizontal scrolling of
> column _groups_, along with fixed columns.
>
> It is, you have Columns A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, and you want to have A,
> B fixed to the left but C,D,E and F,G,H scroll horizontally independent
> of each other (and if there is enough room, no horizontal scrolling
> should be needed).
>
> My last resort is to emulate such behavior by "stitching" tables side by
> side. But I was hoping not needing to do so.
>
> Regards!
>
> On 21/06/2018 18:51, Paul DeBruicker wrote:
>> There is a jqGrid package in JQueryWidgetBox
>>
>> MCHttpRepository
>> location: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/JQueryWidgetBox/main'
>> user: ''
>> password: ''
>>
>> but I've no idea when it was last tested.
>>

>> Esteban A. Maringolo wrote
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please allow me a slight off topic, but I'm in the need of some features
>>> that DataTables [1] with all its capabilities can't provide.
>>>
>>> ¿Is there any existing alternative to it?
>>>
>>> Regards!
>>>

>>> [1] https://datatables.net
>>> --
>>> Esteban A. Maringolo
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Alternatives to DataTables

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi Johan,

I managed to stitch 4 tables side by side, convert each one into a
DataTables based table, and synchronize its scrolling (that's the
easiest part).

However after enabling the `scrollY` and `autocollapse` options to the
mix I'm getting extra scrollbars and a few glitches like offsets between
`<thead>` columns and `<tbody>` ones.

I just realized that DataTables creates a new container with a replica
of `<thead>` inside a `<div>` classed `dataTables_scrollHead`, and it
syncs the horizontal scroll.

I think I'm going through the non-DataTables option, adding all the
scrolling myself, that will allow me to fine control a floating header
(affix) as well.

Thank you.

pd: I think we should have a repository of "recipes" for these things.
Or maybe I just need to blog about it :D

On 23/06/2018 05:25, Johan Brichau wrote:

> Hey Esteban,
>
> We use datatables extensively in Yesplan and we are indeed now also putting tables side-by-side in a board layout. In our case, it’s to visualize a master-detail relationship, so they are really separate tables, although we are going to work on some vertical scrolling synchronization of both tables (still a todo… so we don’t know how well that is going to work out).
>
> But I don’t think you can put multiple horizontal scrollbars in a single table element.
>
> Also, I have yet to come across anything that is more powerful than datatables
>
> cheers
> Johan
>
>> On 22 Jun 2018, at 20:13, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> I don't mind if jqGrid is outdated, I could port it again, but it also
>> lacks some features that I couldn't find in any other grid/table plugin
>> available.
>>
>> The feature I'm looking for is the option to add horizontal scrolling of
>> column _groups_, along with fixed columns.
>>
>> It is, you have Columns A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, and you want to have A,
>> B fixed to the left but C,D,E and F,G,H scroll horizontally independent
>> of each other (and if there is enough room, no horizontal scrolling
>> should be needed).
>>
>> My last resort is to emulate such behavior by "stitching" tables side by
>> side. But I was hoping not needing to do so.
>>
>> Regards!
>>
>> On 21/06/2018 18:51, Paul DeBruicker wrote:
>>> There is a jqGrid package in JQueryWidgetBox
>>>
>>> MCHttpRepository
>>> location: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/JQueryWidgetBox/main'
>>> user: ''
>>> password: ''
>>>
>>> but I've no idea when it was last tested.
>>>

>>> Esteban A. Maringolo wrote

>>> --
>>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html
>>>

>> --