Amber Smalltalk Lists Of Lists

aria2end
I'm doing a final year project for the next 6 to 9 month at multimedia university Malaysia.
I want to create a browser like the system browser which can handle arbitrary level of lists.
How can I get started ?

Thank you,
Aria

Re: Amber Smalltalk Lists Of Lists

aria2end
I would like to know how the Helios IDE works and I cannot find any class or code for Helios.

Re: Amber Smalltalk Lists Of Lists

aria2end
Does amber have a change log like Pharo?
If I do not commit is the save lost?
How can make my packages visible in the amber browser without adding it in index.html?

Re: Amber Smalltalk Lists Of Lists

aria2end
In the debugger, can I edit code, save it and then proceed?
I seem to get compile error.

Re: Amber Smalltalk Lists Of Lists

Herby Vojčík

aria2end wrote:
> Does amber have a change log like Pharo?

No.

> If I do not commit is the save lost?

Yes.

> How can make my packages visible in the amber browser without adding it in
> index.html?

Add them to index.html (you can make your own copy, though, and you can
name other than index).

Herby

aria2end wrote:
> In the debugger, can I edit code, save it and then proceed?

You should be able to compile in debugger. As for proceed, Nico seems to
be more competent to answer this.

aria2end wrote:
> I would like to know how the Helios IDE works and I cannot find any class or
> code for Helios.

For the moment, the easiest solution is to load helios's html directly
(or make your own copy of it). It is in support/helios/index.html.

Or get the master and apply PR #1031 which includes Helios classes.

In next release, #1031 will hopefully be merged and helios will be
visible in Amber developer's index.html (but _not_ in normal app's
index.html, as it's just the IDE, not part of the Amber app; but you
could add it similarly to PR #1031 if you will).

Herby

Re: Amber Smalltalk Lists Of Lists

Nicolas Petton

Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> writes:

> aria2end wrote:
>> In the debugger, can I edit code, save it and then proceed?
>
> You should be able to compile in debugger. As for proceed, Nico seems to
> be more competent to answer this.

Proceed isn't fully working yet. The debugger is theoretically working,
but some polishing is still needed, as well as UI improvements.

Cheers,
Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Amber Smalltalk Lists Of Lists

aria2end
Thank you for your helpful responses.

Is there a way to have a right click event in amber ? how can I produce a right click pop menu ?

Re: Amber Smalltalk Lists Of Lists

aria2end
I found out Helios IDE uses the ctrl+space to bring up the pop up menu. Does Legacy IDE have a pop menu ?

How can I inspect all instances of a class?

aria2end wrote:
> I found out Helios IDE uses the ctrl+space to bring up the pop up menu. Does
> Legacy IDE have a pop menu ?

No.

aria2end wrote:
> How can I inspect all instances of a class?

You cannot.

Re: Amber Smalltalk Lists Of Lists

aria2end
I tried to host amber but I am not sure if I did it correctly.
I just uploaded amber folder into my host and it loads fine, but I can't commit any changes.
Did I miss something ?

You can try it yourself at:  http://crispycodez.com

'Commiting failed with reason: "<HTML>
 <HEAD>
 <TITLE>405 Method Not Allowed</TITLE>
 <BASE href="/error_docs/">
 </HEAD>
 <BODY>

Method Not Allowed

 The HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed.<P>
 <HR>
 <ADDRESS>
 Web Server at crispycodez.com
 </ADDRESS>
 </BODY>
 </HTML>

 <!--
 - Unfortunately, Microsoft has added a clever new
 - "feature" to Internet Explorer. If the text of
 - an error's message is "too small", specifically
 - less than 512 bytes, Internet Explorer returns
 - its own error message. You can turn that off,
 - but it's pretty tricky to find switch called
 - "smart error

Thanks,
Aria