Amber as controller and handlebarsjs views

Amber as controller and handlebarsjs views

sebastianconcept
Sharing a crazy thought here:

From the Smalltalk point of view:
guy gets "really creative" and uses Amber for the controllers and models and manipulates the http://handlebarsjs.com/ based views for an app

From the everybody-but-Smalltalk point of view:
guy gets "really creative" and uses Amber for the controllers and models so he manipulates the views we are used to do with handlebarsjs.com

Any problem with that?

Anybody tried?

I know we have a canvas and it rocks, but I want to have a sense of possibility for designers that are used to work mocking up the html tags.

This "strange" hybrid might be a bridge to let they do their best and we the brains

A bridge to be less alone

Re: Amber as controller and handlebarsjs views

sebastianconcept
just sharing a wild possibility

I think as experiment

Intention is to sound less alien for certain public

in this case the question would be;

could a designer do the views with his current knowhow and a dev do the controllers (& the rest) in amber?

maybe no and is not a huge deal or maybe yes and we lowered yet another entry barrier for those who choose that path

sebastian

o/

On 03/04/2014, at 04:20, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

This is quite hard to grasp for me. What are we trying to do here? I need more.

Phil

Le 3 avr. 2014 04:28, "Sebastian Sastre" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Sharing a crazy thought here:

From the Smalltalk point of view:
guy gets "really creative" and uses Amber for the controllers and models and manipulates the http://handlebarsjs.com/ based views for an app

From the everybody-but-Smalltalk point of view:
guy gets "really creative" and uses Amber for the controllers and models so he manipulates the views we are used to do with handlebarsjs.com

Any problem with that?

Anybody tried?

I know we have a canvas and it rocks, but I want to have a sense of possibility for designers that are used to work mocking up the html tags.

This "strange" hybrid might be a bridge to let they do their best and we the brains

A bridge to be less alone

Re: Amber as controller and handlebarsjs views

Herby Vojčík
I would rather see coupling it with leonidas/transparency. It seems lighter, and without all those compile calls. But handlebars is of course more familiar for devs out there.

sebastian wrote:

> just sharing a wild possibility
>
> I think as experiment
>
> Intention is to sound less alien for certain public
>
> in this case the question would be;
>
> could a designer do the views with his current knowhow and a dev do
> the controllers (& the rest) in amber?
>
> maybe no and is not a huge deal or maybe yes and we lowered yet
> another entry barrier for those who choose that path
>
> sebastian
>
> o/
>
> On 03/04/2014, at 04:20, "[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>" <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>> This is quite hard to grasp for me. What are we trying to do here? I
>> need more.
>>
>> Phil
>>
>> Le 3 avr. 2014 04:28, "Sebastian Sastre" <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> a écrit :
>>
>>     Shar
ing a crazy thought here:

>>     From the Smalltalk point of view:
>>     guy gets "really creative" and uses Amber for the controllers and
>>     models and manipulates the http://handlebarsjs.com/ based views
>>     for an app
>>
>>     From the everybody-but-Smalltalk point of view:
>>     guy gets "really creative" and uses Amber for the controllers and
>>     models so he manipulates the views we are used to do with
>>     handlebarsjs.com <http://handlebarsjs.com>
>>
>>     Any problem with that?
>>
>>     Anybody tried?
>>
>>     I know we have a canvas and it rocks, but I want to have a sense
>>     of possibility for designers that are used to work mocking up the
>>     html tags.
>>
>>     This "strange" hybrid might be a bridge to let they do their best
>>     and we the brains
>>
>>     A bridge to be /less alone/
>>
>>     --

Re: Amber as controller and handlebarsjs views

sebastianconcept
good one herby

And by all means the idea is not pollute Amber but a library people could load on top on it

sebastian

o/

sebastian wrote:
> good one herby

microjs.com is full of those... I also liked leviroutes...

On Apr 3, 2014, at 8:28 AM, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:

microjs.com is full of those... I also liked leviroutes...

woha, didn’t got that one!

bookmarked.. great reference Herby

thanks for sharing

Re: Amber as controller and handlebarsjs views

philippeback

Ok. Got it.

And tide now installed.

I wrote down all steps in a readme.

I'll issue a pull request tomorrow as I am in a train with bad internet.

Phil

Le 3 avr. 2014 14:41, "sebastian" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

On Apr 3, 2014, at 8:28 AM, Herby Vojčík <[hidden email]> wrote:

microjs.com is full of those... I also liked leviroutes...

woha, didn’t got that one!

bookmarked.. great reference Herby

thanks for sharing

Re: Amber as controller and handlebarsjs views

laci
Mustache can be another candidate. Light and simple.