Amber at FOSDEM

laurent laffont

Re: Amber at FOSDEM

gokr
Way cool! I really like the planned contents, how long is it? And super to see you guys doing this - looking forward to hear about it.

regards, Göran

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2, wohoo!

On Jan 21, 2012 8:12, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:

Here: http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/event/amber

Laurent

Re: Amber at FOSDEM

laurent laffont
2012/1/21 Göran Krampe <[hidden email]>
Way cool! I really like the planned contents, how long is it?

1 hour.

And super to see you guys doing this - looking forward to hear about it.

oh.... you know everybody will talk about Amber after the presentation ;)

Laurent

regards, Göran

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2, wohoo!

On Jan 21, 2012 8:12, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:

Here: http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/event/amber

Laurent

Re: Amber at FOSDEM

gokr
Btw, since you have quite a bit of demo stuff planned - make sure you rehearse it once and have notes to follow, time will slip away brutally fast... Just as an advice from someone who regularly talks - which of course you guys perhaps also do. :)

I really like the way we are closing in on "critical mass", it feels like Amber could get some real traction, especially if we supply more examples, docs and tutorials to follow.

Would be really nice with a full c/s app example using say Socket.io and Juggernaut to talk to an Amber server part on node.

regards, Göran

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2, wohoo!

On Jan 21, 2012 13:11, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:

2012/1/21 Göran Krampe <[hidden email]>
Way cool! I really like the planned contents, how long is it?

1 hour.

And super to see you guys doing this - looking forward to hear about it.

oh.... you know everybody will talk about Amber after the presentation ;)

Laurent

regards, Göran

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2, wohoo!

On Jan 21, 2012 8:12, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:

Here: http://fosdem.org/2012/schedule/event/amber

Laurent

Re: Amber at FOSDEM

JohnnyT
Booyah! - Way to go Amber!

I just pushed out some new stuff on SubWars

Both the client and server are in Amber, and are using Faye - http://faye.jcoglan.com/ - to communicate.

There is a basic chat channel setup: type something in the little text input at the top and hit enter - that will popup an alert on every connected client.

Let me know what you think.

JohnnyT

PS - I've only worked on this in Chrome - so I have no idea how it will work on other browsers.