Amber's new stepping debugger

Nicolas Petton
Hi guys!

Today I was able to debug Amber code with a stepping debugger for the first time!
The debugger is based on an AST interpreter with a small stack implementation.

Here's a short video of the debugger in action:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/43mli1wwbdwj5kx/amber-debugging.mov

While it's an early version, it is already usable :)

cheers,
nico

Re: Amber's new stepping debugger

gokr
On 05/30/2013 11:26 PM, Nicolas Petton wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> Today I was able to debug Amber code with a stepping debugger for the first time!

Beautiful.

regards, Göran

Re: Amber's new stepping debugger

Manfred Kröhnert
This is great.
I can't wait to see the fully working Debugger :-)

Best,
Manfred

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:41 PM, Göran Krampe <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 05/30/2013 11:26 PM, Nicolas Petton wrote:
Hi guys!

Today I was able to debug Amber code with a stepping debugger for the first time!

Beautiful.

regards, Göran

Re: Amber's new stepping debugger

philippeback

Genial!

Le truc qui dechire...

Phil

Le 31 mai 2013 00:52, "Manfred Kröhnert" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
This is great.
I can't wait to see the fully working Debugger :-)

Best,
Manfred

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:41 PM, Göran Krampe <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 05/30/2013 11:26 PM, Nicolas Petton wrote:
Hi guys!

Today I was able to debug Amber code with a stepping debugger for the first time!

Beautiful.

regards, Göran

Re: Amber's new stepping debugger

Clément Béra
Looks very promising :)

2013/5/31 [hidden email] <[hidden email]>

Genial!

Le truc qui dechire...

Phil

Le 31 mai 2013 00:52, "Manfred Kröhnert" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

This is great.
I can't wait to see the fully working Debugger :-)

Best,
Manfred

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:41 PM, Göran Krampe <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 05/30/2013 11:26 PM, Nicolas Petton wrote:
Hi guys!

Today I was able to debug Amber code with a stepping debugger for the first time!

Beautiful.

regards, Göran

Clément Béra
Mate Virtual Machine Engineer
Bâtiment B 40, avenue Halley 59650 Villeneuve d'Ascq

Re: Amber's new stepping debugger

NorbertHartl
Great work!

Norbert

Am 30.05.2013 um 23:26 schrieb Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]>:

> Hi guys!
>
> Today I was able to debug Amber code with a stepping debugger for the first time!
> The debugger is based on an AST interpreter with a small stack implementation.
>
> Here's a short video of the debugger in action:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/43mli1wwbdwj5kx/amber-debugging.mov
>
> While it's an early version, it is already usable :)
>
> cheers,
> nico

Re: Amber's new stepping debugger

Ankh'nAton
Wow! Supercool - Why not call it a walkback window :)

Cheers...

On 30 Mai, 23:26, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys!
>
> Today I was able to debug Amber code with a stepping debugger for the first time!
> The debugger is based on an AST interpreter with a small stack implementation.
>
> Here's a short video of the debugger in action:https://www.dropbox.com/s/43mli1wwbdwj5kx/amber-debugging.mov
>
> While it's an early version, it is already usable :)
>
> cheers,
> nico
>
>  signature.asc
> < 1 KBAnzeigenHerunterladen

Re: Amber's new stepping debugger

Darius Clarke
Thank you!

- Darius

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 6:46 AM, Tom <[hidden email]> wrote:
Wow! Supercool - Why not call it a walkback window :)

Cheers...

On 30 Mai, 23:26, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> Today I was able to debug Amber code with a stepping debugger for the first time!
> The debugger is based on an AST interpreter with a small stack implementation.
>
> Here's a short video of the debugger in action:https://www.dropbox.com/s/43mli1wwbdwj5kx/amber-debugging.mov
>
> While it's an early version, it is already usable :)
>
> cheers,
> nico
>
>  signature.asc
> < 1 KBAnzeigenHerunterladen

Re: Amber's new stepping debugger

sebastianconcept
nerdgasms

the revolution is near

sebastian

o/

On 30/05/2013, at 18:26, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys!
>
> Today I was able to debug Amber code with a stepping debugger for the first time!
> The debugger is based on an AST interpreter with a small stack implementation.
>
> Here's a short video of the debugger in action:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/43mli1wwbdwj5kx/amber-debugging.mov
>
> While it's an early version, it is already usable :)
>
> cheers,
> nico

Re: Amber's new stepping debugger

Dave Mason-3
Fabulous!

Can't wait....

../Dave

Re: Amber's new stepping debugger

stevewirts
I'm really excited to start using the debugger.  I think this is going to be a game changer for lots of people...
Also, will it be like the stepping debugger ala other smalltalks, where it's not just per line, but steps/highlights each method within a line?

On Jun 4, 2013, at 10:47 PM, steve wirts <[hidden email]> wrote:

Also, will it be like the stepping debugger ala other smalltalks, where it's not just per line, but steps/highlights each method within a line?

yes, that's planned :) Highlighting the line is indeed not enough for smalltalkers.

Nico