An interesting adventure

1 message Options

An interesting adventure

Stéphane Ducasse
this morning I lost some time because when I loaded moose I got cursor
blinking bug.
After investigating it I see that Moose use Mondrian which in his turn
load an old version of morphic
since it needs some event notification.

This illustrates a more general scenario.
How do we support the management of patches in general (especially
patches that for various reasons would not be integrated in a
packages).

It seems that first we need to distinguish load and merge for
installer or gofer.
        - load (the version I load take precedence on the one existing in the
image)
        - merge the delta between the two when no conflict is loaded.

What is the current process people usually use?