Analog to Dolphin's CompositePresenter

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Gary, all,

I am far from comfortable with Polymorph design and programming, but I have managed stick some controls on standard windows.  Now I need to do something that would benefit from composition of an image and a selection mask into something that allows the mask to be edited while "scrubbing" over the image.  Then those get paired, and then the pairs go into sequences.

The pairing can be done with tabs, and maybe a "copy from peer" button.  I think I can manage that.

My question is on how to make what in Dolphin is called a CompositePresenter, which are useful critters.  They are not directly tied to a top-level shell, but sending #show to them will create just that, mostly for testing purposes.

Is there already something like this in Polymorph?  ComposableMorph might be a place to start??  Is there a better way?

Bill

Re: Analog to Dolphin's CompositePresenter

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Gary,

I more or less have ComposableMorph doing what I want, but the the insertion of an additional morph (the composite) is restricting the visible area of the morphs it contains.  The solution is Dolphin is generally to ensure that any such views have a layout manager that properly positions the children.

It would be really nice to make something similar happen here, because it means a lot to reuse.  For example, my current goal is to make something that has an image[*] and a few buttons beneath it.  That structure would repeat in two tabs or perhaps just side-by-side (the images come in pairs), and that gets repeated many times, probably based on selection in a list to the left of all of this.

It seems there should be an obvious way to create something tha is not a full system window, so it can be embedded in other things BUT, it should wrap itself in a system (standard) window on queue, such as #show or somehing.  Does this make sense?  Am I missing an easy way to do it in Pharo?

Bill

[*] they are infrared images for added nerdly pleasure :)