Analysing Java code

bharath
Hi team,

I have just unzipped moose_suite_6_0 on my windows 7 system. Built a model with about 3200 classes following content at http://www.themoosebook.org/book/

When i run the following from the playground tab - [|]
     self select: [ :each | each isAnnotatedWith: 'Deprecated' ]

I get the following a popup with title 'MessageNotUnderstood: FAMIXInvocation>>isAnnotatedWith:'
the first entry has
     FAMIXInvocation(Object) doesNotUnderstand: #isAnnotatedWith:

the Variable tab has
 self "a FAMIXInvocation #noname#Restrictions.eq(""userName"",userName).ignoreCase() (Invocation)"
self
 thisContext "FAMIXInvocation(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #isAnnotatedWith:"
self

Can someone help with this? Earlier this used to work(even model building had tons of error/warnings). Now the model builds with much lesser error but cant do anything with it !

Regards,
Bharat

Re: Analysing Java code

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

The query:
        self select: [ :each | each isAnnotatedWith: 'Deprecated' ]

should be applied on a group of classes, not a group of invocations.

Try selecting in Moose Panel "All model classes” and reapply the query to see what happens.

Cheers,
Doru

> On Sep 11, 2017, at 10:32 AM, Bharat Shetty <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi team,
>
> I have just unzipped moose_suite_6_0 on my windows 7 system. Built a model with about 3200 classes following content at http://www.themoosebook.org/book/ .
>
> When i run the following from the playground tab - [|]
>      self select: [ :each | each isAnnotatedWith: 'Deprecated' ]
>
> I get the following a popup with title 'MessageNotUnderstood: FAMIXInvocation>>isAnnotatedWith:'
> the first entry has
>      FAMIXInvocation(Object) doesNotUnderstand: #isAnnotatedWith:
>
> the Variable tab has
>  self "a FAMIXInvocation #noname#Restrictions.eq(""userName"",userName).ignoreCase() (Invocation)"
> self
>  thisContext "FAMIXInvocation(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #isAnnotatedWith:"
> self
>
> Can someone help with this? Earlier this used to work(even model building had tons of error/warnings). Now the model builds with much lesser error but cant do anything with it !
>
> Regards,
> Bharat

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"We are all great at making mistakes."

Re: Analysing Java code

bharath
Many thanks tudor. I made a silly mistake of running
         self select: [ :each | each isAnnotatedWith: 'Deprecated' ]
in the moose model pane. Running this on the All Model classes (FAMIXClassGroup) pane yielded the right results.

Regards,
Bharat