Andreas Raab passed away

Juan Vuletich-4
This is so sad. Andreas was young and full of energy. He should have had
the chance to live many more years!

Andreas was an extraordinay coder. When Alan told me of the about to be
released Tweak project (this was in 2003), he said "Andreas is amazing.
There's nothing he can not do!"

He wrote a lot of the code we use everyday. His code is always fast and
efficient. I think he had the lowest rate of bugs I've ever seen.

When having technical arguments (he didn't refuse to have them), he
never got emotional, and he really knew how to argue on actual facts. He
was almost always right too. I have learnt a  lot from him. Andreas was
one of the very few people whose messages in squeak-dev I always read,
no matter the subject. His opinion on any subject is important to me.

He was also nice and friendly. He always answered questions and helped
me and others when dealing with stuff that he knew better. There was
always a lot of stuff he knew better! And he always welcomed
contributions from others.

Andreas had a big and positive impact in our lives. I will not forget him.

Juan Vuletich

Re: Andreas Raab passed away

Hannes Hirzel
These are sad news.

I met Andreas once 12 years ago in Berne in a meeting organized by
Stephane Ducasse. Just recently he answered a question of mine on the
Squeak list. He was always helpful and willing to share his insights.

May his soul rest in perfect peace.

Hannes Hirzel