Android & Scripting

senTalker
Hey all,

two more questions:

1) Is development of Android applications at least theoretically
possible? (same question for desktop apps)
2) Could it be used for scripting? (or: can I just write statements in
a file, without having to declare a class?)

Thanks!

Sebastian

Re: Android & Scripting

James Ladd
1. Yes - Redline can be used on Android theoretically.
I have not tried this myself, but from my readings it appears entirely
possible.

2. Yes - Redline can be used for scripting.
Actually, all .st files are scripts and some just happen to define a class.

Good questions - keep em coming :)

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 9:29 PM, Sebastian Nozzi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey all,

two more questions:

1) Is development of Android applications at least theoretically
possible? (same question for desktop apps)
2) Could it be used for scripting? (or: can I just write statements in
a file, without having to declare a class?)

Thanks!

Sebastian

Re: Android & Scripting

SeanTAllen
We should see if S. Baker ever pursued his Android dreams at all.

Given where we were when he first expressed interest, I doubt he would
have gotten incredibly far, but he might have gotten far enough to know
if there are any large roadblocks.

Sent from my iPhone

Sebastian

Re: Android & Scripting

James Ladd
As part of the plan moving forward with Redline there would be an optimization to write out class files
and only generate then again if the source changed, to make load times shorter.

When this is in place you could output all files by having a single script fie that referenced all the
classes. Writing a tool to generate that script would not be too hard for you to do, with Redline
or with standard shell/cmd files.