Animation

HilaireFernandes

Hi,

I have been trying the Animation package[1] wtih Squeak5.1. I can't get the animation to work, it immediately terminate:

| myMorph |
myMorph := Morph new topLeft: 100@100; extent: 400@400; openInWorld.
myMorph fadeOut.

Looks like the animation registry does not exist:

register
    AnimAnimationRegistry value
        ifNil: [self finish]
        ifNotNil: [:registry | registry register: self].

AnimAnimationRegistry value always returns nil. Did not see code to instantiate a singleton one.

Code was load through local filetree repo. Can't get the Metacello preview get installed when following instructions[2]. But it is another problem.

Thanks

Hilaire

[1] https://github.com/hpi-swa/animations

[2] https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Animation

marcel.taeumel
Hi, there.

You have to be in a "AnimMorphicProject" so that the animations can run. Enter such a project via "AnimMorphicProject new enter" or via the Squeak menu.

Best,
Marcel

Am 12.01.2018 11:14:40 schrieb Hilaire <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Thanks, it works.

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu