[Ann] Calypso in progress: Spotter menu and settings

[Ann] Calypso in progress: Spotter menu and settings

Denis Kudriashov
Hi,

I just released new version of Calypso 0.8.11 which includes several fixes and new features.

The most exiting feature is Spotter menu from Esteban https://youtu.be/RgqiSRFUAIk

"Spotter navigation" brings an easy way to access all available panels, tabs and commands in selected browser.
Activation is usually cmd+/ (because is close to the arrows)

Settings browser includes group for Calypso:

- trait method visibility (enabled by default)
- hierarchy order for variables (variable mode in full browser)
- hierarchy order of method visibility classes (when expand first item in method groups pane)
- shortcut for spotter menu. It is temporal solution until Commander will provide settings for all shortcuts in system.

And few other improvements:
- better status bar tool to change protocol and package
- shortcut to change ineditor method protocol: $e meta , $t meta (editor + tag)
- shortcut to change ineditor method package: $e meta, $p meta (editor + package)
- inherited method group is replaced by all methods group with name "instance side" or "class side" depending on browser mode. It should make browser meta level more noticeable.

Best regards,
Denis

Re: [Ann] Calypso in progress: Spotter menu and settings

Tudor Girba-2
Excellent work!

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Things happen when they happen,
not when you talk about them happening."

Re: [Ann] Calypso in progress: Spotter menu and settings

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi
I like the navigation done with Spotter by esteban
Now can we see the shortcuts? and get the notification when we do not
use a shortcut because this is super nice to learn shortcuts.

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 1:28 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Excellent work!
>
> Doru
>

>> On Jan 25, 2018, at 1:25 PM, Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just released new version of Calypso 0.8.11 which includes several fixes and new features.
>>
>> The most exiting feature is Spotter menu from Esteban https://youtu.be/RgqiSRFUAIk:
>>
>> "Spotter navigation" brings an easy way to access all available panels, tabs and commands in selected browser.
>> Activation is usually cmd+/ (because is close to the arrows)
>>
>> Settings browser includes group for Calypso:
>>
>> - trait method visibility (enabled by default)
>> - hierarchy order for variables (variable mode in full browser)
>> - hierarchy order of method visibility classes (when expand first item in method groups pane)
>> - shortcut for spotter menu. It is temporal solution until Commander will provide settings for all shortcuts in system.
>>
>> And few other improvements:
>> - better status bar tool to change protocol and package
>> - shortcut to change ineditor method protocol: $e meta , $t meta (editor + tag)
>> - shortcut to change ineditor method package: $e meta, $p meta (editor + package)
>> - inherited method group is replaced by all methods group with name "instance side" or "class side" depending on browser mode. It should make browser meta level more noticeable.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Denis
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Things happen when they happen,
> not when you talk about them happening."

Re: [Ann] Calypso in progress: Spotter menu and settings

EstebanLM

> On 25 Jan 2018, at 21:57, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
> I like the navigation done with Spotter by esteban
> Now can we see the shortcuts? and get the notification when we do not
> use a shortcut because this is super nice to learn shortcuts.

yes, that’s something we need to add.
(also, we need to add shortcuts… there are too few)

Esteban

> On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 1:28 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Excellent work!
>>
>> Doru
>>

>>> On Jan 25, 2018, at 1:25 PM, Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just released new version of Calypso 0.8.11 which includes several fixes and new features.
>>>
>>> The most exiting feature is Spotter menu from Esteban https://youtu.be/RgqiSRFUAIk:
>>>
>>> "Spotter navigation" brings an easy way to access all available panels, tabs and commands in selected browser.
>>> Activation is usually cmd+/ (because is close to the arrows)
>>>
>>> Settings browser includes group for Calypso:
>>>
>>> - trait method visibility (enabled by default)
>>> - hierarchy order for variables (variable mode in full browser)
>>> - hierarchy order of method visibility classes (when expand first item in method groups pane)
>>> - shortcut for spotter menu. It is temporal solution until Commander will provide settings for all shortcuts in system.
>>>
>>> And few other improvements:
>>> - better status bar tool to change protocol and package
>>> - shortcut to change ineditor method protocol: $e meta , $t meta (editor + tag)
>>> - shortcut to change ineditor method package: $e meta, $p meta (editor + package)
>>> - inherited method group is replaced by all methods group with name "instance side" or "class side" depending on browser mode. It should make browser meta level more noticeable.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Denis
>>
>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.feenk.com
>>
>> "Things happen when they happen,
>> not when you talk about them happening."

Re: [Ann] Calypso in progress: Spotter menu and settings

EstebanLM

> On 25 Jan 2018, at 22:18, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 25 Jan 2018, at 21:57, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>> I like the navigation done with Spotter by esteban
>> Now can we see the shortcuts? and get the notification when we do not
>> use a shortcut because this is super nice to learn shortcuts.
>
> yes, that’s something we need to add.
> (also, we need to add shortcuts… there are too few)

just to be clear, the spotter navigation is not a replacement: is a complement.
and I made it because I realise we will always have more actions than shortcuts possible, so the idea is to define shortcuts for most common tasks and make reachable (and understandable) the others.