[Ann] Data activism, visualization and storytelling with reproducible research for undergrad journalism and communication sciences students

[Ann] Data activism, visualization and storytelling with reproducible research for undergrad journalism and communication sciences students

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hi :-),

A little announcement, that can be interesting for several communities
and practices to bridge them and make them more visible (so, that's why
the cross posting).

At mid September I'm going to give a little workshop at a local
university for undergrad journalism and communication sciences students
using the Pharo live coding environment [1] and Roassal agile
visualization engine [2] combined with Grafoscopio[3]. We're going to
retake our Twitter Data Selfies project[4], as is usual with our
recurrent Data Week[5] hackathon+workshop.

[1] http://pharo.org/
[2] http://agilevisualization.com/
[3] http://mutabit.com/grafoscopio/index.en.html
[4] http://mutabit.com/offray/blog/en/entry/ds-twitter-mockup
[5] http://mutabit.com/dataweek/

Also as usual, we will make real time memories, via etherpads, and more
elaborated thematic ones via interactive notebooks that we will be
sharing with you in (Fossil) source repositories and other "pocket
infrastructures", under a permissive and solidary copy(far)left license.
I'll give you more details as we advance.

Cheers,

Offray

Re: [Ann] Data activism, visualization and storytelling with reproducible research for undergrad journalism and communication sciences students

Stephane Ducasse-3
Cool!
Let us know.
Stef