[Ann] Iceberg v1.1.1

Guillermo Polito
Hi everybody,

This week we have a small patch release of Iceberg, version v1.1.1.
This version will be available in the next Pharo build.

In summary, this release fixes two issues with the new credentials manager, and introduces a couple of other enhancements/bugfixes.

Below you will find the detailed changes log.
Enjoy,
Guille

Integrate Iceberg 1.1.1
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/22168/Integrate-Iceberg-1-1-1

https://github.com/pharo-vcs/iceberg/releases/tag/v1.1.1

#864 Repairing Missing repositories lead to wrong source directory
#861 update tonel to v1.0.9
#836 DefaultBackendType class variable is unused
#862 Iceberg tests are not running in Pharo 7
#852 Make error dialogs copy-pastable
#858 IceTipReadOnlyTextMorph does not allow select and copy anymore
#850 Change Detached head status from error to warning if we are on a tag
#853 Clone dialog "username" is confusing
#860 CredentialStore API
#854 Error in History window

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Ann] Iceberg v1.1.1

Torsten Bergmann
Great - thank you! Might be a small patch release - but nonetheless important.

         a template you might want to consider changing it.

#864 Repairing Missing repositories lead to wrong source directory
#861 update tonel to v1.0.9
#836 DefaultBackendType class variable is unused
#862 Iceberg tests are not running in Pharo 7
#852 Make error dialogs copy-pastable
#858 IceTipReadOnlyTextMorph does not allow select and copy anymore
#850 Change Detached head status from error to warning if we are on a tag
#853 Clone dialog "username" is confusing
#860 CredentialStore API
#854 Error in History window

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Ann] Iceberg v1.1.1

Guillermo Polito
Hi,

About why 1.1.1 and not 1.2.0. It's not about cheap or not, but about semantics :)
We can agree that there is no hard rule on versionning, do we? But I try to follow the following guidelines (delta my own interpretation that adds some subjectivity :P)
- Major Version will change when we break backwards compatibility
- Minor Version will change when new features are added
- Otherwise, patch version will change.

So I don't assign a new version number regarding the number of changes but about what they mean...
Now, I considered myself this release as a patch because mostly little bugs here and there were fixed.
Moreover, one of the changes done in the credentials manager was to *recover* some backwards compatibility for people setting up credentials in settings files.
Of course, to this we add to this that my own interpretation saying that the changes do not break compatibility nor add features :)

Now, this is the kind of subjective topic that starts a flamewar, but I'd prefer to use my time on somewhat else ^^.
In any case, I think it is more important to discuss about the numbering as soon as we have a clear documentation on Iceberg's API...

Regarding the bad links, I copy-pasted the text from the PR instead from the release page in Iceberg, which messes up links.

Patch version containing the following cleanups and enhancements

#864 Repairing Missing repositories lead to wrong source directory
#861 update tonel to v1.0.9
#836 DefaultBackendType class variable is unused
#862 Iceberg tests are not running in Pharo 7
#852 Make error dialogs copy-pastable
#858 IceTipReadOnlyTextMorph does not allow select and copy anymore
#850 Change Detached head status from error to warning if we are on a tag
#853 Clone dialog "username" is confusing
#860 CredentialStore API
#854 Error in History window

Guille

#864 Repairing Missing repositories lead to wrong source directory
#861 update tonel to v1.0.9
#836 DefaultBackendType class variable is unused
#862 Iceberg tests are not running in Pharo 7
#852 Make error dialogs copy-pastable
#858 IceTipReadOnlyTextMorph does not allow select and copy anymore
#850 Change Detached head status from error to warning if we are on a tag
#853 Clone dialog "username" is confusing
#860 CredentialStore API
#854 Error in History window

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

--

Guille Polito

Research Engineer

CRIStAL - UMR 9189

French National Center for Scientific Research - http://www.cnrs.fr

Web: http://guillep.github.io

Phone: +33 06 52 70 66 13

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Ann] Iceberg v1.1.1

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Indeed. Something went amiss in this email exchange. But, I really do not think that you are in disagreement.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com