[Ann] Lifeware, Schmidt Pro contracts for the consortium

[Ann] Lifeware, Schmidt Pro contracts for the consortium

ducasse
The Pharo consortium is very excited and super happy to bring your attention to the following announce
that was presented during Pharodays 2019: https://fr.slideshare.net/pharoproject/

The consortium got two contracts to support financially one year of engineer to improve Pharo.
The companies Lifeware and Schmidt Pro fund work on Pharo to improve Pharo. The total amount
of the two contracts is around 190 K Euros.
In addition the RMOD team got some resources from Inria.
The net result is that in 2019 the consortium will have 3.5 engineers working full time on Pharo.

- Esteban Lorenzano
- Pablo Tesone
- Cyril Ferlicot
- Guillermo Polito

It will boost Pharo. Note that the issues raised by Schmidt Pro and Lifeware
and their impacts on the roadmap of Pharo 8 and Pharo 9 are presented in https://fr.slideshare.net/pharoproject/.

What is key to notice is that the consortium is working because many contributing companies are sharing ressources.
This is built a strong soil to grow Pharo and business around.

On the behalf of Inria, the consortium and the community we would like to thank
Lifeware and SchmidtPro for their strong support.

Stef on the behalf of the Pharo consortium

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Ann] Lifeware, Schmidt Pro contracts for the consortium

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Indeed, thank you for the support !

> On 20 May 2019, at 10:58, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Great news!
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
>> On May 20, 2019, at 8:03 AM, ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> The Pharo consortium is very excited and super happy to bring your attention to the following announce
>> that was presented during Pharodays 2019: https://fr.slideshare.net/pharoproject/
>>
>> The consortium got two contracts to support financially one year of engineer to improve Pharo.
>> The companies Lifeware and Schmidt Pro fund work on Pharo to improve Pharo. The total amount
>> of the two contracts is around 190 K Euros.
>> In addition the RMOD team got some resources from Inria.
>> The net result is that in 2019 the consortium will have 3.5 engineers working full time on Pharo.
>>
>> - Esteban Lorenzano
>> - Pablo Tesone
>> - Cyril Ferlicot
>> - Guillermo Polito
>>
>> It will boost Pharo. Note that the issues raised by Schmidt Pro and Lifeware
>> and their impacts on the roadmap of Pharo 8 and Pharo 9 are presented in https://fr.slideshare.net/pharoproject/.
>>
>> What is key to notice is that the consortium is working because many contributing companies are sharing ressources.
>> This is built a strong soil to grow Pharo and business around.
>>
>> On the behalf of Inria, the consortium and the community we would like to thank
>> Lifeware and SchmidtPro for their strong support.
>>
>> Stef on the behalf of the Pharo consortium
>>

> --
> www.feenk.com
>
> “Programming is executable philosophy."

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Ann] Lifeware, Schmidt Pro contracts for the consortium

Torsten Bergmann
Great - big thanks to all who made that possible and who support Pharo either via funding
or contributions.

Bye
T.