[Ann] Major Seamless update

Denis Kudriashov
I glad to finally release new version of Seamless (0.8.2).
It could be loaded by:

       Gofer it
      smalltalkhubUser: 'Pharo' project: 'Seamless';
      configuration;
      loadStable.

It works in Pharo 5 and 6.

It is complete redesign of original version with the goal to make it more flexible, reliable and simple.
(original version was created by Nikolaos Papoulias)

Seamless is foundation for RemoteDebuggingTools. It allows reuse existing debugger to work with remote process by transparent network communication. Particularly new version provides required flexibility to reduce number of requests between distributed objects. No debugger changes was needed to make it work relatively fast with remote model.

For more details look at my blog and read docs: Seamless and Basys

As usual feedback is welcome.

Best regards,
Denis

Re: [Ann] Major Seamless update

Ben Coman

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 8:24 PM, Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

It will be a while before I play with it, but the manual was an interesting read. Some minor nit-picks...

* Perhaps use a dash for compound-words like receiver-peer and sender-peer.  This phrase was a bit hard to decipher...

    "When request is executed on receiver peer sender peer should receive..."
versus...
    "When request is executed on receiver-peer, the sender-peer should receive..."

* Check spelling ==> knowk?    ;)

cheers -ben

Re: [Ann] Major Seamless update

Denis Kudriashov
Hi Ben.

It will be a while before I play with it, but the manual was an interesting read. Some minor nit-picks...

* Perhaps use a dash for compound-words like receiver-peer and sender-peer.  This phrase was a bit hard to decipher...

    "When request is executed on receiver peer sender peer should receive..."
versus...
    "When request is executed on receiver-peer, the sender-peer should receive..."

* Check spelling ==> knowk?    ;)

Done. (pillar, not built yet)

Writing papers/docs is hard to me. Any help/reviews are super welcome.
So thank's you very much Ben

Re: [Ann] Major Seamless update

Nick Papoylias

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 2:24 PM, Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]> wrote:
I glad to finally release new version of Seamless (0.8.2).
It could be loaded by:

       Gofer it
      smalltalkhubUser: 'Pharo' project: 'Seamless';
      configuration;
      loadStable.

It works in Pharo 5 and 6.

 Great work Denis ! Keep pushing ;)