[Ann] Meteoroid, a MVC framework for the web using Comet

[Ann] Meteoroid, a MVC framework for the web using Comet

Lautaro Fernández
Hello, we are releasing the first beta version of Meteoroid, a Comet-based framework that
runs on top of Seaside.

The purpose of the framework is to  create "live" web application in a few steps, both at
the low level and also using the existing value model concept. To use Meteoroid, it is
recommended to know how to use MVC[1] and Announcements[2].
Feedback, improvements and bug-reports are most welcome.

Quick explanation:
A Meteoroid page (which is both a View and a Controller) has between its component a div
with a special ID. This div is bound to a model, which trigger changes by using an
observer-like mechanism. Each time the model changes, an announcement is triggered and
data being pushed from the server to the div. We are currently releasing the first
version of the low-level API and we are working on the connection between the ValueModel
hierarchy and the standard HTML widgets (text areas, radio buttons, lists, etc.).

Links:

Web project: http://cag.lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar/cag/Wiki/01.+Projects/Meteoroid
Download:
      a) One click experience: http://cag.lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar/cag/Wiki/01.+Projects/Meteoroid/06.Wiki/Download
      b) From Cincom Public Repository (load SeasideForSwazoo2.2 and check the little ninja)
Screencasts: http://cag.lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar/cag/Wiki/01.+Projects/Meteoroid/10.Screencasts
ToDo: http://cag.lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar/cag/Wiki/01.+Projects/Meteoroid/06.Wiki/Future+work

[1] Trygve Reenskaug  - “Models - Views – Controllers”,  http://folk.uio.no/trygver/1979/mvc-2/1979-12-MVC.pdf
[2] Vassili Bykov - "Introducing Announcements", http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/vbykov/blogView?showComments=true&entry=3310034894

Re: [Ann] Meteoroid, a MVC framework for the web using Comet

hernanmd
  I saw the screencast today, and it seems pretty good work. Thanks
for sharing Lautaro.

Hernán