[Ann] New version of Mocketry

Denis Kudriashov
Hello.

I upload new version of Mocketry 2.1 to smalltalkhub http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~dionisiy/Mocketry .

Changes:

1) All code now migrated to smalltalkhub repository. New configuration with version 2.1 implemented accordingly.
2) State specs extracted to separate project "StateSpecs" with separate configuration. This project contains all object state specifications and validation stuff. Mocketry depends on it and only implements behaviour specs and mock objects. StateSpecs can be used in different projects. I use it in Presenty to describe data fields validness.
3) Main new feature is stub behaviour. You can teach mock for stubs with:
mock stub someMessage willReturn: 'result'
And then mock can receive #someMessage everywhere anytimes. So you don't need scenario block if you only need stubs behaviour.
4) Few state specs like
dictionary should include: item at: #key

It will be cool if Mocketry become part of Pharo tools. What I can do for this?
Mock objects to me is main tool to design and implement flexible object systems. And Mocketry simplifies mock objects technique very much.

Best regards,
Denis

On Jan 20, 2013, at 3:08 PM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I upload new version of Mocketry 2.1 to smalltalkhub http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~dionisiy/Mocketry .
>
> Changes:
>
> 1) All code now migrated to smalltalkhub repository. New configuration with version 2.1 implemented accordingly.
> 2) State specs extracted to separate project "StateSpecs" with separate configuration. This project contains all object state specifications and validation stuff. Mocketry depends on it and only implements behaviour specs and mock objects. StateSpecs can be used in different projects. I use it in Presenty to describe data fields validness.
> 3) Main new feature is stub behaviour. You can teach mock for stubs with:
> mock stub someMessage willReturn: 'result'
> And then mock can receive #someMessage everywhere anytimes. So you don't need scenario block if you only need stubs behaviour.
> 4) Few state specs like
> dictionary should include: item at: #key
>
> It will be cool if Mocketry become part of Pharo tools. What I can do for this?

ConfigurationOfMocketry
        Tests
        SmallLint rules applied.

Ideally we want to manage pharo as a list of configuration + a main one.
Then people should be able to load in one click "certified" package via their configuration.

Then if people write a lof of mockertry based tests for the central part of the system it can sit side by side to SUnit.
But in general the idea is to have a modular system so first steps are above.

> Mock objects to me is main tool to design and implement flexible object systems. And Mocketry simplifies mock objects technique very much.
>
> Best regards,
> Denis

Re: [Ann] New version of Mocketry

Denis Kudriashov
2013/1/22 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
ConfigurationOfMocketry
        Tests

This is already exists many years (thank's Laurent Laffont for configuration)

SmallLint rules applied.

Never use it. I will try.

Re: [Ann] New version of Mocketry

Stéphane Ducasse

On Jan 22, 2013, at 4:24 PM, Denis Kudriashov wrote:

> 2013/1/22 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> ConfigurationOfMocketry
>         Tests
>
> This is already exists many years (thank's Laurent Laffont for configuration)
>
> SmallLint rules applied.
>
> Never use it. I will try.

We are making the process smoother :)
Wait a bit :)