[Ann] Pharo Sprint App to improve coordination during Pharo Sprints

12

[Ann] Pharo Sprint App to improve coordination during Pharo Sprints

Juraj Kubelka
Hi,

We are happy to announce a new application called Pharo Sprint App. The main idea of the application comes from the whiteboard that have been used during Pharo Sprints and was also adopted in Chile.

As the Pharo Sprint is organized in several places around the world, we miss the connection with other guys. For that reason we decided to move the physical whiteboard to the internet and developed Pharo Sprint App.

How does it work? Participants choose a case from the ‘proposed' or ‘all’ list. Once they are done, they move it to the ‘done’ list. We believe that the application will encourage other people, especially newcomers, to join us during the events and have a fun, together with other developers.

How To Use It?
• Execute the image, using the corresponding VM for Pharo 6
• Run the application from World Menu / Communication / Pharo Sprint
• Login, using your FogBugz account, wait a bit, then choose a case and have a happy programming :-)

Everybody participating in the sprints should use the Pharo Sprint image.

The upcoming event is on Friday April 28: https://association.pharo.org/event-2492488

The application is deployed in Pharo 6 (32 and 64bits). More details are available at: https://github.com/JurajKubelka/PharoSprint

I will appreciate any feedback.

Have a fun! :-)
Juraj

Re: [Ann] Pharo Sprint App to improve coordination during Pharo Sprints

Stephane Ducasse-3
This is supercool :)
Do you connect to fogbugz to grab the tasks?

Stef

On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 5:13 PM, Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Yes, it is connected to FogBugz and it leaves message in FogBugz and also in Discord:

image1.PNG

image2.PNG

Juraj

--
Juraj Kubelka

El 23-04-2017, a las 13:32, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> escribió:

[...]

Tudor Girba-2
Great work, Juraj!

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."

Re: [Ann] Pharo Sprint App to improve coordination during Pharo Sprints

philippeback
Please put that on the Pharo site (how to contribute section) so that we do not have to hunt this email down.

Phil

El 23-04-2017, a las 14:37, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> escribió:

Please put that on the Pharo site (how to contribute section) so that we do not have to hunt this email down.

You are right, put it on Pharo site is on my todo list.

Juraj

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."

Re: [Ann] Pharo Sprint App to improve coordination during Pharo Sprints

Ben Coman

On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 11:13 PM, Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Juraj. This is great.  I saw your testing in the discord chat and was curious.

This reminds me, one thing I've wanted to do for a long time is type an Issue number into PharoLauncher
and have it download latest Image, get the issue title from Fogbugz to rename the Image,
start the image with a script to open Inbox ready on the Issue.

If I ever do get to it, mixing in your sprint app might be cool.

cheers -ben

Re: [Ann] Pharo Sprint App to improve coordination during Pharo Sprints

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Impressive work indeed.

I guess Marcus will be happy, you save him a lot of work being 'master of ceremony' at Sprints.

> On 23 Apr 2017, at 19:24, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Great work, Juraj!
>
> Doru
>

>> On Apr 23, 2017, at 5:13 PM, Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are happy to announce a new application called Pharo Sprint App. The main idea of the application comes from the whiteboard that have been used during Pharo Sprints and was also adopted in Chile.
>>
>> <Copia de whiteboard.jpeg>
>>
>> As the Pharo Sprint is organized in several places around the world, we miss the connection with other guys. For that reason we decided to move the physical whiteboard to the internet and developed Pharo Sprint App.
>>
>> <main-window.png>
>>
>> How does it work? Participants choose a case from the ‘proposed' or ‘all’ list. Once they are done, they move it to the ‘done’ list. We believe that the application will encourage other people, especially newcomers, to join us during the events and have a fun, together with other developers.
>>
>> How To Use It?
>> • Download the latest image from Bintray
>> • Execute the image, using the corresponding VM for Pharo 6
>> • Run the application from World Menu / Communication / Pharo Sprint
>> • Login, using your FogBugz account, wait a bit, then choose a case and have a happy programming :-)
>>
>> Everybody participating in the sprints should use the Pharo Sprint image.
>>
>> The upcoming event is on Friday April 28: https://association.pharo.org/event-2492488
>>
>> The application is deployed in Pharo 6 (32 and 64bits). More details are available at: https://github.com/JurajKubelka/PharoSprint
>>
>> I will appreciate any feedback.
>>
>> Have a fun! :-)
>> Juraj
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
> But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."

Re: [Ann] Pharo Sprint App to improve coordination during Pharo Sprints

Thierry Goubier
Hi Juraj,

a superb idea! A fluent interface to the Pharo sprint.

Thierry

Le 23/04/2017 à 17:13, Juraj Kubelka a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> We are happy to announce a new application called Pharo Sprint App. The
> main idea of the application comes from the whiteboard that have been
> used during Pharo Sprints and was also adopted in Chile.
>

> As the Pharo Sprint is organized in several places around the world, we
> miss the connection with other guys. For that reason we decided to move
> the physical whiteboard to the internet and developed Pharo Sprint App.
>

> *How does it work?* Participants choose a case from the ‘proposed' or
> ‘all’ list. Once they are done, they move it to the ‘done’ list. We
> believe that the application will encourage other people, especially
> newcomers, to join us during the events and have a fun, together with
> other developers.
>
> *How To Use It?*
> • Download the latest image from Bintray
> <https://bintray.com/jurajkubelka/PharoSprint/build/_latestVersion#files>
> • Execute the image, using the corresponding VM for Pharo 6
> • Run the application from World Menu / Communication / Pharo Sprint
> • Login, using your FogBugz account, wait a bit, then choose a case and
> have a happy programming :-)
>
> Everybody participating in the sprints should use the Pharo Sprint image.
>
> The upcoming event is on Friday April
> 28: https://association.pharo.org/event-2492488
>
> The application is deployed in Pharo 6 (32 and 64bits). More details are
> available at: https://github.com/JurajKubelka/PharoSprint
>
> I will appreciate any feedback.
>
> Have a fun! :-)
> Juraj

Re: [Ann] Pharo Sprint App to improve coordination during Pharo Sprints

K K Subbu
On Sunday 23 April 2017 08:43 PM, Juraj Kubelka wrote:

> As the Pharo Sprint is organized in several places around the world, we
> miss the connection with other guys. For that reason we decided to move
> the physical whiteboard to the internet and developed Pharo Sprint App.

Excellent idea and a very useful tool! It took me just a few minutes to
download it and post my first fix through it.

What would be workflow for using this app? Is this only for Pharo Sprint
participants or can others also use it?

I faced a minor problem in the UI. The top half of login/password text
input fields got clipped by title bar, when I opened it up first. Later
the Update/Logout buttons also have their top border clipped off.

Regards .. Subbu

Re: [Ann] Pharo Sprint App to improve coordination during Pharo Sprints

abergel
Hi!

One very important aspect of Juraj’s work, is that _participants at a sprint should use the sprint tool_. It comes with the latest Pharo image (i.e. what has to be used in a sprint).

So, let’s use it on Friday!

Cheers,
Alexandre

> On Apr 24, 2017, at 8:05 AM, K K Subbu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Sunday 23 April 2017 08:43 PM, Juraj Kubelka wrote:
>
>> As the Pharo Sprint is organized in several places around the world, we
>> miss the connection with other guys. For that reason we decided to move
>> the physical whiteboard to the internet and developed Pharo Sprint App.
>
> Excellent idea and a very useful tool! It took me just a few minutes to download it and post my first fix through it.
>
> What would be workflow for using this app? Is this only for Pharo Sprint participants or can others also use it?
>
> I faced a minor problem in the UI. The top half of login/password text input fields got clipped by title bar, when I opened it up first. Later the Update/Logout buttons also have their top border clipped off.
>
> Regards .. Subbu

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [Ann] Pharo Sprint App to improve coordination during Pharo Sprints

Guillermo Polito
Nice :) Thanx Juraj

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 9:04 AM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

One very important aspect of Juraj’s work, is that _participants at a sprint should use the sprint tool_. It comes with the latest Pharo image (i.e. what has to be used in a sprint).

So, let’s use it on Friday!

Cheers,
Alexandre

> On Apr 24, 2017, at 8:05 AM, K K Subbu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Sunday 23 April 2017 08:43 PM, Juraj Kubelka wrote:
>
>> As the Pharo Sprint is organized in several places around the world, we
>> miss the connection with other guys. For that reason we decided to move
>> the physical whiteboard to the internet and developed Pharo Sprint App.
>
> Excellent idea and a very useful tool! It took me just a few minutes to download it and post my first fix through it.
>
> What would be workflow for using this app? Is this only for Pharo Sprint participants or can others also use it?
>
> I faced a minor problem in the UI. The top half of login/password text input fields got clipped by title bar, when I opened it up first. Later the Update/Logout buttons also have their top border clipped off.
>
> Regards .. Subbu

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [Ann] Pharo Sprint App to improve coordination during Pharo Sprints

EstebanLM

> On 24 Apr 2017, at 09:04, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> One very important aspect of Juraj’s work, is that _participants at a sprint should use the sprint tool_. It comes with the latest Pharo image (i.e. what has to be used in a sprint).

no it doesn’t :)
(and it wont, at least this version)

but yes, everybody should use it ;)

> So, let’s use it on Friday!

+1

Esteban

> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>

>> On Apr 24, 2017, at 8:05 AM, K K Subbu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Sunday 23 April 2017 08:43 PM, Juraj Kubelka wrote:
>>
>>> As the Pharo Sprint is organized in several places around the world, we
>>> miss the connection with other guys. For that reason we decided to move
>>> the physical whiteboard to the internet and developed Pharo Sprint App.
>>
>> Excellent idea and a very useful tool! It took me just a few minutes to download it and post my first fix through it.
>>
>> What would be workflow for using this app? Is this only for Pharo Sprint participants or can others also use it?
>>
>> I faced a minor problem in the UI. The top half of login/password text input fields got clipped by title bar, when I opened it up first. Later the Update/Logout buttons also have their top border clipped off.
>>
>> Regards .. Subbu

Re: [Ann] Pharo Sprint App to improve coordination during Pharo Sprints

abergel
Oh! Juraj, wasn’t it supposed to be packaged in the last version?

Alexandre

On Apr 23, 2017, at 15:38, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Ben,

I like the idea. I will check the PharoLauncher source code in order to find out what code I can reuse.

Thanks!
Juraj

Re: [Ann] Pharo Sprint App to improve coordination during Pharo Sprints

Juraj Kubelka

> On Apr 23, 2017, at 15:43, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Impressive work indeed.
>
> I guess Marcus will be happy, you save him a lot of work being 'master of ceremony' at Sprints.

This is also my idea, that the ‘master of ceremony’ will get distributed :-)

Juraj

On Apr 23, 2017, at 16:41, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Congrats Juraj. Pretty useful for the community. This idea of inside image tools talking with community channels is starting to take form.

I would like to discuss with others within the Pharo image. It has a potential to share more then text, scripts, and screenshot.

Cheers,

[...]

Hi Subbu,

On Apr 24, 2017, at 03:05, K K Subbu <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sunday 23 April 2017 08:43 PM, Juraj Kubelka wrote:

As the Pharo Sprint is organized in several places around the world, we
miss the connection with other guys. For that reason we decided to move
the physical whiteboard to the internet and developed Pharo Sprint App.

Excellent idea and a very useful tool! It took me just a few minutes to download it and post my first fix through it.

That’s great :-) The idea is having something simple to use.

What would be workflow for using this app? Is this only for Pharo Sprint participants or can others also use it?

The initial idea have raised from the Pharo Sprint events. But you can use the way you want. In other words, by using it, we will find out new workflows :-)

It should be clear that ‘Pharo Sprint participants’ are not meant to be physically available in Lille, France or Santiago, Chile.

I faced a minor problem in the UI. The top half of login/password text input fields got clipped by title bar, when I opened it up first. Later the Update/Logout buttons also have their top border clipped off.

Please, can you send me a screenshot? Or submit the screenshot here https://github.com/JurajKubelka/PharoSprint/issues/new

Thanks!
Juraj

Regards .. Subbu