[Ann] Phratch 4.0

jannik laval
Phratch 4.0 is out of the box !

Phratch 4.0 is cleaner, faster and more stable than phratch 3.0.

After the version 3.0 that was a release for usability and stability, phratch 4.0 is released to prepare the future.

The new features are:

- phratch is more modular, eg having a kernel and lots of addons.
- cleaning a lot the source code
- customizable environment
- each block can be made visible or invisible
- each category can be made visible or invisible
- it is possible to add translation for addons with the pragma <phratchTranslation: ‘fr’> in the class PhratchTranslator. This make the translation more modular.
- first integration of phratch with the pharo environment. Using the pragma at the class side of any class in Pharo make the class visible and usable in phratch.
- There is a lot of things to do with phratch, you are welcome to contribute ! The documentation for new features will arrive soon.

See you on phratch.com

Re: [Pharo-users] [Ann] Phratch 4.0

Tudor Girba-2
This is a great addition to the Pharo ecosystem.

Thank you very much!

Doru

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 11:48 AM, jannik laval <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [Pharo-users] [Ann] Phratch 4.0

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Excellent work. Thank you.

On 17 Oct 2014, at 11:48, jannik laval <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Phratch 4.0 is out of the box !
>
> Phratch 4.0 is cleaner, faster and more stable than phratch 3.0.
>
> After the version 3.0 that was a release for usability and stability, phratch 4.0 is released to prepare the future.
>
> The new features are:
>
> - phratch is more modular, eg having a kernel and lots of addons.
> - cleaning a lot the source code
> - customizable environment
> - each block can be made visible or invisible
> - each category can be made visible or invisible
> - it is possible to add translation for addons with the pragma <phratchTranslation: ‘fr’> in the class PhratchTranslator. This make the translation more modular.
> - first integration of phratch with the pharo environment. Using the pragma at the class side of any class in Pharo make the class visible and usable in phratch.
> - There is a lot of things to do with phratch, you are welcome to contribute ! The documentation for new features will arrive soon.
>
> See you on phratch.com
>
> --
> ~~Jannik Laval~~
> École des Mines de Douai
> Enseignant-chercheur
> http://www.jannik-laval.eu
> http://www.phratch.com
> http://www.approchealpes.info
> http://car.mines-douai.fr/

Re: [Ann] Phratch 4.0

stepharo
I love this item list :)

> After the version 3.0 that was a release for usability and stability,
> phratch 4.0 is released to prepare the future.
>
> The new features are:
>
> - phratch is more modular, eg having a kernel and lots of addons.
> - cleaning a lot the source code
> - customizable environment
> - each block can be made visible or invisible
> - each category can be made visible or invisible
> - it is possible to add translation for addons with the pragma
> <phratchTranslation: ‘fr’> in the class PhratchTranslator. This make
> the translation more modular.
> - first integration of phratch with the pharo environment. Using the
> pragma at the class side of any class in Pharo make the class visible
> and usable in phratch.
> - There is a lot of things to do with phratch, you are welcome to
> contribute ! The documentation for new features will arrive soon.

Re: [Pharo-users] [Ann] Phratch 4.0

jannik laval
Hi Hilaire,

Which version of Linux are you using ?

Thank you again for your feedback.
Here is my comments for your list:

- On Linux, keypad does not work

>>> Ok, the last build of the vm I use is from 5 month ! I redo it, it should work today.

By the way, keypad does not work on pharo-launcher too.

- for me, the font characters in the bricks are too small

>> you can change it in settings. Then in settings Phratch click on the button launch to refresh the display.

- the robot, has a non transparent white background, I tried to edit it
but the sprite I have is of too low resolution to make something clean

>>> I don't understand. I have a transparent background. But I saw a bug: When I edit it, the background become white. I fixed it.

- some tools in the paint dialogue are mostly invisible (see screenshot)

>>> Yes, they is a strange behavior here.
Sometimes it works, sometimes there is this crappy green color...
I tried again to fix it. We will see what happen.
The point is to clean all this part of Phratch, If there are volunteers :)

- preview and loading of JPG background does not work (see screenshot
fileDialog)

On my Ubuntu 14.04 it works fine.

- the file dialog dropdown list arrow is shifted vertically (see
screenshot fileDialog)

>>>fixed

- in the file dialogue to load a previously saved project, the author
nor description are displayed (screenshot filedialog project).

>>> I open a bug entry.
It will be fixed in next version.

- I load the the Arduino add-on, I have a new Arduino category but no brick.

I will answer in another mail.

All these changes are currently building. It will be available today, or tomorrow.

Cheers,
Jannik

Thanks!

A few points worth mentioning.

- On Linux, keypad does not work
- for me, the font characters in the bricks are too small
- the robot, has a non transparent white background, I tried to edit it
but the sprite I have is of too low resolution to make something clean
- some tools in the paint dialogue are mostly invisible (see screenshot)
- preview and loading of JPG background does not work (see screenshot
fileDialog)
- the file dialog dropdown list arrow is shifted vertically (see
screenshot fileDialog)
- in the file dialogue to load a previously saved project, the author
nor description are displayed (screenshot filedialog project).
- I load the the Arduino add-on, I have a new Arduino category but no brick.

Hilaire

Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istoa.drgeo.eu