Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Ann] Stack Android VM

Santiago Bragagnolo
   Still far from production. But since i would happy to have some feedback, I'm happy to show you some progress on the android VM. Not yet release. But we have already a way of compiling and deploying an image into an android device. 

You can check it in this repo github.   

The building steps are detailed on the README-Android.md file. 

Building the Stack AndroidVM

1. Download the sources from github

git clone --depth=1 https://github.com/sbragagnolo/pharo-vm
    cd pharo-vm
  2. Set-up your environment: This script will download the SDK installer and NDK R10

cd android/scripts
    ./setupAndroidEnvironment.st

This script downloads the content from

After this process you should have available the environment variables ANDROID_NDK_HOME and ANDROID_SDK_HOME. Ensure this by checking your .bashrc file at the user's home directory.

3. Create a new image: this image will be created by pointing to this local git repository

cd android/scripts
    ./newImage.st
  4. Link sources to the build folder: The Android vm relies on a Java wrapper. This sources must be accessible from the build folder.

cd android/scripts
    ./linkSources.st
  5. Generate the sources of the stack vm: This script executes the generator of the image created on int the 3rd step.

cd android/scripts
    ./generateStackAndroidMake.st
  6. Generate the resource image for deployment: This script download and suites up an image for deployment on the folder build/assets/SmalltalkRessources

cd android/scripts
    ./newResourceImage.st

This image created in this point is downloaded with it related VM for editing and loading the code you want to deploy, or configure the things you want.

7. The VM compilation: This script generates the libraries with the VM code.

cd build
    ./build.sh
  8. The Java wrapper compilation and Android Application packaging

cd build
    ./package.sh
  9. Installing into your device. If you want to generate an APK file with your custom name, you will need to deal with the AndroidManifest.xml before runing the package.sh script :)

cd build/bin
    adb install -r StackActivity-debug.apk

- Im currently working on the JIT version of the VM, that still avoiding me :).
 But you have as well the instruction on the same README-Android.me file. 

Santiago

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [Ann] Stack Android VM

Aliaksei Syrel
AMAZING!!!

I will definitely try to compile :)
Thanks a lot for this great work! Keep it up!

Cheers,
Alex

On 23 October 2016 at 22:03, Santiago Bragagnolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
   Still far from production. But since i would happy to have some feedback, I'm happy to show you some progress on the android VM. Not yet release. But we have already a way of compiling and deploying an image into an android device. 

cd pharo-vm
  2. Set-up your environment: This script will download the SDK installer and NDK R10

cd android/scripts

After this process you should have available the environment variables ANDROID_NDK_HOME and ANDROID_SDK_HOME. Ensure this by checking your .bashrc file at the user's home directory.

3. Create a new image: this image will be created by pointing to this local git repository

cd android/scripts
    ./newImage.st
  4. Link sources to the build folder: The Android vm relies on a Java wrapper. This sources must be accessible from the build folder.

cd android/scripts
    ./linkSources.st
  5. Generate the sources of the stack vm: This script executes the generator of the image created on int the 3rd step.

cd android/scripts
  6. Generate the resource image for deployment: This script download and suites up an image for deployment on the folder build/assets/SmalltalkRessources

cd android/scripts
    ./newResourceImage.st

This image created in this point is downloaded with it related VM for editing and loading the code you want to deploy, or configure the things you want.

cd build
    ./build.sh

cd build
    ./package.sh
  9. Installing into your device. If you want to generate an APK file with your custom name, you will need to deal with the AndroidManifest.xml before runing the package.sh script :)

cd build/bin

Santiago

Reply | Threaded
|

Denis Kudriashov
In reply to this post by Santiago Bragagnolo
Great. 
Do you have prebuilt apk file?

2016-10-23 22:03 GMT+02:00 Santiago Bragagnolo <[hidden email]>:

cd pharo-vm

cd android/scripts

cd android/scripts
    ./newImage.st

cd android/scripts
    ./linkSources.st

cd android/scripts

cd android/scripts
    ./newResourceImage.st

cd build
    ./build.sh

cd build
    ./package.sh

cd build/bin

Santiago

Reply | Threaded
|

Nicolas Passerini
This is great!

2016-10-23 23:08 GMT+02:00 Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]>:
Great. 
Do you have prebuilt apk file?

2016-10-23 22:03 GMT+02:00 Santiago Bragagnolo <[hidden email]>:

cd pharo-vm

cd android/scripts

cd android/scripts
    ./newImage.st

cd android/scripts
    ./linkSources.st

cd android/scripts

cd android/scripts
    ./newResourceImage.st

cd build
    ./build.sh

cd build
    ./package.sh

cd build/bin

Santiago

Reply | Threaded
|

Jimmie Houchin-5

Thanks for working on this.

I greatly look forward to being able to use Pharo on my devices.

Exciting times.

Jimmie Houchin

On 10/23/2016 03:03 PM, Santiago Bragagnolo wrote:

[snip]
https://github.com/sbragagnolo/pharo-vm
Reply | Threaded
|

stepharo

I want to thank Inria to have listen to me (and it was not that simple) to let Santiago

work on that. So please use it and show us that you use it.

Stef

Le 23/10/16 à 22:03, Santiago Bragagnolo a écrit :

cd pharo-vm

cd android/scripts

cd android/scripts
    ./newImage.st

cd android/scripts
    ./linkSources.st

cd android/scripts

cd android/scripts
    ./newResourceImage.st

cd build
    ./build.sh

cd build
    ./package.sh

cd build/bin

Santiago