[Ann] TelePharo and PharoThings adopted for Pharo 7

[Ann] TelePharo and PharoThings adopted for Pharo 7

Denis Kudriashov
Hi.

I released new versions of TelePharo (v0.3.0) and PharoThings (v0.2.3) adopted for Pharo 7 changes.

PharoThings also includes new features from Alex Oliveira:
- Raspberry model B3
- water alarm example
And few models of Arduino from @gaterfy.

Best regards,
Denis

Re: [Ann] TelePharo and PharoThings adopted for Pharo 7

NorbertHartl

> Am 17.02.2019 um 21:03 schrieb Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi.
>
> I released new versions of TelePharo (v0.3.0) and PharoThings (v0.2.3) adopted for Pharo 7 changes.
>
> PharoThings also includes new features from Alex Oliveira:
> - Raspberry model B3
> - water alarm example
> And few models of Arduino from @gaterfy.

Can you elaborate on this? What has an arduino model to do here?

Norbert

> Best regards,
> Denis

Re: [Ann] TelePharo and PharoThings adopted for Pharo 7

Denis Kudriashov
Hi Norbert.

вс, 17 февр. 2019 г. в 20:41, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>:

> Am 17.02.2019 um 21:03 schrieb Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi.
>
> I released new versions of TelePharo (v0.3.0) and PharoThings (v0.2.3) adopted for Pharo 7 changes.
>
> PharoThings also includes new features from Alex Oliveira:
> - Raspberry model B3
> - water alarm example
> And few models of Arduino from @gaterfy.

Can you elaborate on this? What has an arduino model to do here?

Arduino was always in plan. And one student with nickname @gaterfy did this work few years ago.
It is based on Firmata protocol which allows to operate Arduino board remotely using serial port.
So Pharo in that case does not run on the board. You connect Arduino to normal machine and use Pharo to play with it using nice live Inspectors showing pin schema. I think it is a good way to learn Arduino.

Norbert