[Ann] Workshop: IndieWeb with pocket infrastructures

[Ann] Workshop: IndieWeb with pocket infrastructures

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hi all,

Due to the confinement in the pandemic, our forms of telepresence become
more important and many suddenly got even more immersed into an
Oligopoly cyberspace (Zoom, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Apple, Amazon,
Microsoft, etc) with opaque algorithms that under extractive logic
commodify our privacy and communications, try to condition our attention
and habits, as well as to shape our current and future behavior. But
this is not the only way to inhabit cyberspace.

From the Grafoscopio community[1], we would like to invite you to a
series of workshops that we are doing to make visible other ways of
populating and building the web, aligned with the movements of
IndieWeb[1a], from what we have called "pocket infrastructures". You can
find more information about these topics in [2] and in particular about
the workshops in [3] (in Spanish).

[1] https://mutabit.com/grafoscopio/en.html
[1a] https://indieweb.org/
[2] https://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/indieweb/
[3]
https://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/indieweb/doc/trunk/docs/es/index.html#talleres

The second workshop will be tomorrow, Saturday, Aug. 29 from 3:15 PM to
7:15PM CO (GMT - 5) -- I will try to share the other workshops earlier,
but the site in [2] will be the consolidated memory of them, for those
who want to join us asynchronously.

We will see how IndieWeb sites help us to untangle and reweave that
other web and how this help us to reconnect in this stranger times.

Rethinking the infrastructure is also to rethink the ways in which it
enables and makes visible (or not) certain ways of being and acting.
Infrastructures are embodied discourses. So thank you in advance for
joining us in rethinking this in practice.

Of course, Pharo is behind scenes, as usual, powering this experience.
But with these IndieWeb workshops I think we have found a sweet spot
that puts coding in front with a practical introduction and motivation
beyond the kind of boring "Hello World". Following a "local first"
approach, documentation will be in Spanish, but source code[5] and
interactive documentation will be in English to bridge our worlds :-),

[4] https://mutabit.com/offray/blog/en/entry/dumb-hello-world
[5] https://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/brea/

See you on cyberspace,

Offray

Re: [Ann] Workshop: IndieWeb with pocket infrastructures

Stéphane Ducasse
I published it on Pharo weekly
Keep pushing. I love this local first and your effort.

On 29 Aug 2020, at 02:08, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

Due to the confinement in the pandemic, our forms of telepresence become
more important and many suddenly got even more immersed into an
Oligopoly cyberspace (Zoom, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Apple, Amazon,
Microsoft, etc) with opaque algorithms that under extractive logic
commodify our privacy and communications, try to condition our attention
and habits, as well as to shape our current and future behavior. But
this is not the only way to inhabit cyberspace.

From the Grafoscopio community[1], we would like to invite you to a
[...]

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: [Ann] Workshop: IndieWeb with pocket infrastructures

Siemen Baader

> On 29 Aug 2020, at 02.07, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Due to the confinement in the pandemic, our forms of telepresence become
> more important and many suddenly got even more immersed into an
> Oligopoly cyberspace (Zoom, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Apple, Amazon,
> Microsoft, etc) with opaque algorithms that under extractive logic
> commodify our privacy and communications, try to condition our attention
> and habits, as well as to shape our current and future behavior. But
> this is not the only way to inhabit cyberspace.
>
> From the Grafoscopio community[1], we would like to invite you to a
> series of workshops that we are doing to make visible other ways of
> populating and building the web, aligned with the movements of
> IndieWeb[1a], from what we have called "pocket infrastructures".

This is very cool! Thanks!

Siemen

> You can
> find more information about these topics in [2] and in particular about
> the workshops in [3] (in Spanish).
>
> [1] https://mutabit.com/grafoscopio/en.html
> [1a] https://indieweb.org/
> [2] https://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/indieweb/
> [3]
> https://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/indieweb/doc/trunk/docs/es/index.html#talleres
>

> The second workshop will be tomorrow, Saturday, Aug. 29 from 3:15 PM to
> 7:15PM CO (GMT - 5) -- I will try to share the other workshops earlier,
> but the site in [2] will be the consolidated memory of them, for those
> who want to join us asynchronously.
>
> We will see how IndieWeb sites help us to untangle and reweave that
> other web and how this help us to reconnect in this stranger times.
>
> Rethinking the infrastructure is also to rethink the ways in which it
> enables and makes visible (or not) certain ways of being and acting.
> Infrastructures are embodied discourses. So thank you in advance for
> joining us in rethinking this in practice.
>
> Of course, Pharo is behind scenes, as usual, powering this experience.
> But with these IndieWeb workshops I think we have found a sweet spot
> that puts coding in front with a practical introduction and motivation
> beyond the kind of boring "Hello World". Following a "local first"
> approach, documentation will be in Spanish, but source code[5] and
> interactive documentation will be in English to bridge our worlds :-),
>
> [4] https://mutabit.com/offray/blog/en/entry/dumb-hello-world
> [5] https://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/brea/
>

> See you on cyberspace,
>
> Offray

Re: [Ann] Workshop: IndieWeb with pocket infrastructures

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Thanks Siemen and Steph,

If you or anyone in the community wants to be aware of the behind scenes
of this project you can check:

[1] Brea source code repository: https://code.tupale.co/Offray/Brea
[2] Brea documentation and issues repository:
https://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/brea/
[3] Indie Web with Brea repository:
  [3a] Front page:  https://is.gd/indieweb
  [3b] Timeline RSS: https://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/indieweb/timeline.rss