[Ann] libssh2 binding for Pharo

Denis Kudriashov
Hi

I just want share my little experiments with libssh2. I think somebody can be interested with it and maybe will improve what I did which is now in very raw and initial state.

Libssh2 library is now distributed with Pharo. And it was very enticing to try it from Pharo.
Another reason behind it is the idea to make secure transport for Seamless and related remote tools.

So I wrapped several functions in libssh2 library. And now I am able to send data to server using secure ssh channel. Also I can execute shell commands on remote server from playground.

Best regards,
Denis

Best regards,
Denis

Re: [Ann] libssh2 binding for Pharo

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Max Leske wrote
Very cool!
+100. I can think of lots of places where I'd use this. In the past, due to all the flux in FFI (and laziness ha ha), I used some really complicated mechanisms to script Mac Terminal and then capture and parse the output :/
Cheers,
Sean