Announcements in core images?

Janko Mivšek
Hi both Squeakers and Pharoers,

What is a status of Announcements package as part of core images? Are
they already there and, are they compatible, and if not, what are the
differences?

Announcements are namely very important and elegant way of event
notifications based on publish/subscribe pattern. And they are portable,
which is very important for us, doing cross platform frameworks like
Aida, Seaside, etc.

Therefore I'd really like to see Announcements included in all
Smalltalks by default and at least on API level as same as possible.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Announcements in core images?

Stéphane Ducasse
From our side announcements are really important and should replaced a lot of events.

On Jan 7, 2011, at 7:44 PM, Janko Mivšek wrote:

> Hi both Squeakers and Pharoers,
>
> What is a status of Announcements package as part of core images? Are
> they already there and, are they compatible, and if not, what are the
> differences?
>
> Announcements are namely very important and elegant way of event
> notifications based on publish/subscribe pattern. And they are portable,
> which is very important for us, doing cross platform frameworks like
> Aida, Seaside, etc.
>
> Therefore I'd really like to see Announcements included in all
> Smalltalks by default and at least on API level as same as possible.
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>

> --
> Janko Mivšek
> AIDA/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: [squeak-dev] Announcements in core images?

Mariano Martinez Peck

2011/1/7 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>
Hi both Squeakers and Pharoers,

What is a status of Announcements package as part of core images? Are
they already there and, are they compatible, and if not, what are the
differences?

Hi Janko. I don't know anything about announcments, but I can tell you they are integrated in pharo core, and its tests are green.
I don't know if they are being used by the core itself but I think there are external packages that use them.

On Jan 8, 2011, at 5:16 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> 2011/1/7 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>
> Hi both Squeakers and Pharoers,
>
> What is a status of Announcements package as part of core images? Are
> they already there and, are they compatible, and if not, what are the
> differences?
>
> Hi Janko. I don't know anything about announcments, but I can tell you they are integrated in pharo core, and its tests are green.
> I don't know if they are being used by the core itself but I think there are external packages that use them.

They start and we will migrate to them.