Announcing

Peredur
This is me announcing myself as requested from [hidden email]

Cheers

Peter
--
Peter Bradley
peredur.net

Re: Announcing

Damien Cassou
Hi Peter,

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Peredur <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This is me announcing myself as requested from
> [hidden email]

welcome on board. I'm not sure I understand why you send an email to
the book mailing list though and how did the pharo-project mailing
list requested you to do so :-).

Can you tell us more about how you (plan to) use Smalltalk?

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Announcing

Peredur
El 07/05/12 15:58, Damien Cassou escribió:
Hi Peter,

welcome on board. I'm not sure I understand why you send an email to
the book mailing list though and how did the pharo-project mailing
list requested you to do so :-).

Can you tell us more about how you (plan to) use Smalltalk?

There's been talk about the book on the pharo mailing list (see below).

As for my use of SmallTalk...  I'm just curious.  I'm a retired programmer and a serial learner of programming languages.  My favourite language is always the last one I learnt!

:-)

The (partial) thread from the Pharo list follows my signature

Peter
--
Peter Bradley
peredur.net

Peredur wrote:
El 06/05/12 13:17, Mariano Martinez Peck escribió:

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email] [hidden email]> wrote:

    > The new book focuses on different issues than the old book.  It
    would be sad to let the old book languish entirely and end up with
    a poor first impression for newcomers, so I am willing to
    participate in updating it to Pharo 1.4.  I am getting a lot from
    Pharo and this is something I can contribute.  I think it fair the
    main developers continue with implementing and documenting the
    advanced features, while the community maintains the more
    established things.  A quick scan pegs this effort at updating
    about 170 images, plus hopefully a minimal amount of text.  How
    would I proceed with this?

That would be AWESOME. Really.

I would be the last person who could really help, directly with this, but I'd be happy (other pressures permitting) to do some proof-reading for you and to act as a guinea pig for you - along the lines of, "If it's clear to me it's probably going to be clear to other readers since my prior knowledge is nil".

Peter
That would be welcome.   I'll move further discussion to [hidden email] list.  Announce yourself there also.

cheers -ben

Re: Announcing

Ben Coman
Hi Peter,

Good to see you here, although I only precede you by a day.  I appreciate your interest to proof the update of book to Pharo 1.4.  It helps me get motivated to get stuck into it right now.

cheers -ben

redur wrote:
El 07/05/12 15:58, Damien Cassou escribió:
Hi Peter,

welcome on board. I'm not sure I understand why you send an email to
the book mailing list though and how did the pharo-project mailing
list requested you to do so :-).

That was me moving the discussion from pharo-project to here.