Annoying frame around ToolDockingBarMorph

Annoying frame around ToolDockingBarMorph

HilaireFernandes
Hi,

Something changed recently in P7 in the theme or so, there is now a
frame around the ToolDockingBarMorph.

As I don't know how to track the changes occurring in P7, any one has an
idea about what happen? (we do not have anymore timestamp on method, or
do I miss something?

DrGeo GUI is odd, see screenshot?

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

AnnoyingFrame.png (34K) Download Attachment

Re: Annoying frame around ToolDockingBarMorph

EstebanLM

> On 9 Jun 2018, at 09:01, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Something changed recently in P7 in the theme or so, there is now a frame around the ToolDockingBarMorph.

Cyril has been working on the docking bar.

> As I don't know how to track the changes occurring in P7, any one has an idea about what happen? (we do not have anymore timestamp on method, or do I miss something?

If you connect your image with a pharo repository, you will have the history.
(in iceberg, you will see “pharo” and it will have a “local directory missing” message… and a repair option that will allow you to clone or locate it)

cheers,
Esteban

Le 09/06/2018 à 09:14, Esteban Lorenzano a écrit :
> Cyril has been working on the docking bar.

So what next? Could this change be revereted?

>> As I don't know how to track the changes occurring in P7, any one has an idea about what happen? (we do not have anymore timestamp on method, or do I miss something?
> If you connect your image with a pharo repository, you will have the history.
> (in iceberg, you will see “pharo” and it will have a “local directory missing” message… and a repair option that will allow you to clone or locate it)

I am not there yet, hope to have time. Now I just browse changes from
github, can see several changed related to use of theme borderwidth

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Annoying frame around ToolDockingBarMorph

HilaireFernandes
Why ?

DockingBarMorph>>defaultBorderWidth
     ^ self theme menuBorderWidth

Le 09/06/2018 à 09:27, Hilaire a écrit :
> I am not there yet, hope to have time. Now I just browse changes from
> github, can see several changed related to use of theme borderwidth

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Annoying frame around ToolDockingBarMorph

CyrilFerlicot

On sam. 9 juin 2018 at 09:48, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
Why ?

DockingBarMorph>>defaultBorderWidth
     ^ self theme menuBorderWidth

Le 09/06/2018 à 09:27, Hilaire a écrit :
> I am not there yet, hope to have time. Now I just browse changes from
> github, can see several changed related to use of theme borderwidth

Hi,

This is on my todo list to check this problem. I just did not get time yet.

If we revert the changes it's the menu bar that will break.

I think the previous code already used the #menuBorderWidth from theme but maybe badly and it was broken?

I'll check how to correct this. Maybe I'll add to the theme #dockingBarBorderWidth. But I'll probably not have the time this week end.

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Annoying frame around ToolDockingBarMorph

CyrilFerlicot

On sam. 9 juin 2018 at 09:48, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
Why ?

DockingBarMorph>>defaultBorderWidth
     ^ self theme menuBorderWidth

I found the PR I did.

This code was already here but in another method.

The difference is that now #themeChanged take the borderWidth into account. Before it ignored it. So it's probably that before there was a bug where the docking bar did not matched the theme for the border and it was corrected. Now, without the bug, you found that the theme was not as good as you wanted and we need to update the theme.

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Annoying frame around ToolDockingBarMorph

HilaireFernandes
Hi Cyril,

 From what I read in an older P7 image
DockingBarMorph>>defaultBorderWidth was not implemented, and inherited,
from AlignmentMorph which defaultBorderWidth returns 0.

Next, why docking bar should have the same width as menu?

The question is do we want docking bar to have border?

I see the Playground tool bar is impacted, although it does not make is
UI less suitable.

In the meantime I just set DockingBarMorph>>defaultBorderWidth to
returns 0, so I can use the last build at school with students. By doing
so I did not notice glitch..

I am not sure docking bar not having border should be considered as a bug..

Thanks

Hilaire

On 09/06/2018 16:43, Hilaire wrote:
> Hi Cyril,
>
> From what I read in an older P7 image
> DockingBarMorph>>defaultBorderWidth was not implemented, and inherited,
> from AlignmentMorph which defaultBorderWidth returns 0.

It was here but in a different hook. It was in setDefaultParameters as
you can see here:

https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/1479/files#diff-f9fc80b09f7cbc9cb0b3f63560dabd23L613

> Next, why docking bar should have the same width as menu?

It was the previous behavior. What I changed is that now #themeChanged
reset the border width to take the one of the current theme when before
it was ignored.

> The question is do we want docking bar to have border?

I'll probably propose a new method in the theme #dockingBarBorderWidth
and we can return 0 by default for it.

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Le 09/06/2018 à 18:24, Cyril Ferlicot D. a écrit :
> It was here but in a different hook. It was in setDefaultParameters as
> you can see here:
>
> https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/1479/files#diff-f9fc80b09f7cbc9cb0b3f63560dabd23L613

I see.

>> Next, why docking bar should have the same width as menu?
>>
> It was the previous behavior. What I changed is that now #themeChanged
> reset the border width to take the one of the current theme when before
> it was ignored.
>
>> The question is do we want docking bar to have border?
>>
> I'll probably propose a new method in the theme #dockingBarBorderWidth
> and we can return 0 by default for it.

That way, it will be easy to change it with specific theme.

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Annoying frame around ToolDockingBarMorph

HilaireFernandes
Nice, thanks

Hilaire

--