Another 404 - not found question

Scott McWilliams
Hello all,

I am having issues with '404 not found' errors when connecting to any site running on a PC on my local intranet from any other PC also on my local intranet.

I have created an entry in my hosts file and edited the settings for the site to match (i.e. '192.168.0.xxx  hostname'), which works fine from local PC, but not from any other.

I have tried both a new site I created and the Aida demo site, both of which work fine from my local PC using either 'localhost' or any other host name/ip/port combination with a matching entry in the hosts file.

It seems I am getting connected to both sites from any other PC on my local intranet, as requests time out if the site is not running.  If the sites are running, I always get a '404 Not Found', regardless of what I try to do.

I have been using the Dolphin port, but this morning tried the 'out-of-the-box' Aida demo using the VW port, with the same results.

I know this is likely due to something obvious I am overlooking, but I've looked through the documentation and on on this list and still cannot figure out what it is.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Scott

Re: Another 404 - not found question

Janko Mivšek
Hi Scott,

Try to set:

        AIDASite default host: '*' ip: '*' port: 80

Or at least host as '*'. Be sure that no other site is configured (look
at SwazooServer singleton sites). If this won't help, then start tracing
the HTTP request:

  1. put a breakpoint in AIDASite>>answerTo:
  2. if not triggered, put a breakpoint in HTTPServer>>answerTo: and
     trace the request resolution.

Hope this helps
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
Aida/Web

Re: Another 404 - not found question

Scott McWilliams
Hi Janko,

That did it.

Thank you!

Regards,
Scott

P.T. Barnum was an optimist - he didn't count the other 59 seconds!