Another Magritte-Scriptaculous question

EstebanLM
Hi,
I'm trying to use MAOneToManyComponentEditInPlace, and can't realize
how it is supposed to work... what I want to do is add rows and edit
them "InPlace"... now I can add new rows, but empty ones. Is possible
to edit them? how?

Thanks in advance,
Esteban

Re: Another Magritte-Scriptaculous question

keith1y
Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to use MAOneToManyComponentEditInPlace, and can't realize
> how it is supposed to work... what I want to do is add rows and edit
> them "InPlace"... now I can add new rows, but empty ones. Is possible
> to edit them? how?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Esteban

You need to specify #reportColumnClass

Keith
e.g.

description0060DriverName

    ^ MAStringDescription new
        accessor: ((#driverName asAccessor) options: #driverNamesAvailable);
        label: 'Driver';
        fieldSize: 3; "just in case"
         componentClass: MAAutoCompletingTextInputComponent;
                 beEditable;
        reportColumnClass: MAEditableColumnAutoCompleting;
        beSearchable;
        bePersisted;
        yourself

Re: Another Magritte-Scriptaculous question

Nicolás González-Deleito
Hi,

When I try to use MAOneToManyComponentEditInPlace as described above I
get a DNU for fieldSize in
MAEditableColumnAutoCompleting>>visitDescription:

Is this normal? (I am using the latest versions of Magritte,
Magritte-Scriptaculous and Magritte-RealMemento).

Thanks in advance,
Nicolás

2008/7/15 Keith Hodges <[hidden email]>:

> Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm trying to use MAOneToManyComponentEditInPlace, and can't realize
>> how it is supposed to work... what I want to do is add rows and edit
>> them "InPlace"... now I can add new rows, but empty ones. Is possible
>> to edit them? how?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Esteban
>>

> You need to specify #reportColumnClass
>
> Keith
> e.g.
>
> description0060DriverName
>
>    ^ MAStringDescription new
>        accessor: ((#driverName asAccessor) options: #driverNamesAvailable);
>        label: 'Driver';
>        fieldSize: 3; "just in case"
>         componentClass: MAAutoCompletingTextInputComponent;
>                 beEditable;
>        reportColumnClass: MAEditableColumnAutoCompleting;
>        beSearchable;
>        bePersisted;
>        yourself

Re: Another Magritte-Scriptaculous question

Lukas Renggli-2
Keith, can you help with this problem?

I can't ;-)

Cheers,
Lukas

On Aug 9, 2008, at 20:06 , Nicolás González-Deleito wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I try to use MAOneToManyComponentEditInPlace as described above I
> get a DNU for fieldSize in
> MAEditableColumnAutoCompleting>>visitDescription:
>
> Is this normal? (I am using the latest versions of Magritte,
> Magritte-Scriptaculous and Magritte-RealMemento).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Nicolás
>

> 2008/7/15 Keith Hodges <[hidden email]>:
>> Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm trying to use MAOneToManyComponentEditInPlace, and can't realize
>>> how it is supposed to work... what I want to do is add rows and edit
>>> them "InPlace"... now I can add new rows, but empty ones. Is
>>> possible
>>> to edit them? how?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Esteban
>>>

>> You need to specify #reportColumnClass
>>
>> Keith
>> e.g.
>>
>> description0060DriverName
>>
>>   ^ MAStringDescription new
>>       accessor: ((#driverName asAccessor) options:
>> #driverNamesAvailable);
>>       label: 'Driver';
>>       fieldSize: 3; "just in case"
>>        componentClass: MAAutoCompletingTextInputComponent;
>>                beEditable;
>>       reportColumnClass: MAEditableColumnAutoCompleting;
>>       beSearchable;
>>       bePersisted;
>>       yourself

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Another Magritte-Scriptaculous question

keith1y
Nicolás González-Deleito wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I try to use MAOneToManyComponentEditInPlace as described above I
> get a DNU for fieldSize in
> MAEditableColumnAutoCompleting>>visitDescription:
>
> Is this normal? (I am using the latest versions of Magritte,
> Magritte-Scriptaculous and Magritte-RealMemento).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Nicolás
>

> 2008/7/15 Keith Hodges <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm trying to use MAOneToManyComponentEditInPlace, and can't realize
>>> how it is supposed to work... what I want to do is add rows and edit
>>> them "InPlace"... now I can add new rows, but empty ones. Is possible
>>> to edit them? how?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Esteban

Hi,

#fieldSize and #fieldSize: were part of the magritte-rdb package
enabling SQL tables to be created from magritte descriptions. I used
them again in MAEdittableColumn to set the width of text input components.

so... I have moved fieldSize:/fieldSize over into the latest
magritte-scriptaculous package.

thanks for reporting

Keith

Re: Another Magritte-Scriptaculous question

Nicolás González-Deleito
Hi,

Everything works nice now. However, I had to merge
Magritte-Scriptaculous-EL.36 and Magritte-Scriptaculous-kph.36 to make
it fully work. The merged version is in the magritteaddons repository
;-)

Best regards,
Nicolás