Another ODE question

stepharo
SimpleSymplecticSystem is empty too
and no users

SymplecticStepper and subclasses are all empty
and without any users.

I'm puzzled.

did we lose code?

Re: Another ODE question

stepharo
DenseOutputStepper is also empty and without subclasses.
So I took the liberty to remove all unused and empty classes with and
unused empty subclasses

May be you can explain to me later.

Stef

Le 26/3/16 15:40, stepharo a écrit :

> SimpleSymplecticSystem is empty too
> and no users
>
> SymplecticStepper and subclasses are all empty
> and without any users.
>
> I'm puzzled.
>
> did we lose code?
>
> Stef

Re: Another ODE question

SergeStinckwich
I guess only Natalia could help here.

I see that you doing refactorings.
How I can help here ?

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 4:39 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> DenseOutputStepper is also empty and without subclasses.
> So I took the liberty to remove all unused and empty classes with and unused
> empty subclasses
>
> May be you can explain to me later.
>
> Stef
>
> Le 26/3/16 15:40, stepharo a écrit :
>
>> SimpleSymplecticSystem is empty too
>> and no users
>>
>> SymplecticStepper and subclasses are all empty
>> and without any users.
>>
>> I'm puzzled.
>>
>> did we lose code?
>>
>> Stef

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Another ODE question

Natalia Tymchuk
Hi.
I don’t think I created DenseOutputStepper and SimpleSymplecticSystem. And I’m not sure I worked with these classes.

Best regards,
Natalia

Le 26/3/16 18:38, Serge Stinckwich a écrit :
> I guess only Natalia could help here.

not really what I'm doing is quite simple
mov method up, extract common behavior, add a hook, specify hook in
subclasses
remove duplication.

> I see that you doing refactorings.
> How I can help here ?

for now I just need to know

if testClusterCovariance

is a good test because this is annoying to have tests that fail randomly

> On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 4:39 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> DenseOutputStepper is also empty and without subclasses.
>> So I took the liberty to remove all unused and empty classes with and unused
>> empty subclasses
>>
>> May be you can explain to me later.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> Le 26/3/16 15:40, stepharo a écrit :
>>
>>> SimpleSymplecticSystem is empty too
>>> and no users
>>>
>>> SymplecticStepper and subclasses are all empty
>>> and without any users.
>>>
>>> I'm puzzled.
>>>
>>> did we lose code?
>>>
>>> Stef

Re: Another ODE question

djuber
Hi All,

Those classes sound familiar. I may have started with a lot of names,
filled in the ones that do currently have code, and left the others as
to-do markers, that never got done.

I think I was following the structure of odeint
https://github.com/headmyshoulder/odeint-v2 based on a hint Serge provided.

Dan

On 3/26/16 12:52 PM, Natalia Tymchuk wrote:

> Hi.
> I don’t think I created DenseOutputStepper and SimpleSymplecticSystem. And I’m not sure I worked with these classes.
>
> Best regards,
> Natalia
>
>> On 26 Mar 2016, at 18:38, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I guess only Natalia could help here.
>>
>> I see that you doing refactorings.
>> How I can help here ?
>>

>> On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 4:39 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> DenseOutputStepper is also empty and without subclasses.
>>> So I took the liberty to remove all unused and empty classes with and unused
>>> empty subclasses
>>>
>>> May be you can explain to me later.
>>>
>>> Stef

>>> --
>>

>> --
>> Serge Stinckwich
>> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Another ODE question

stepharo
Ok I removed all the empty classes with no users and empty subclasses
with empty users.

Stef

Le 26/3/16 18:52, Natalia Tymchuk a écrit :

> Hi.
> I don’t think I created DenseOutputStepper and SimpleSymplecticSystem. And I’m not sure I worked with these classes.
>
> Best regards,
> Natalia
>
>> On 26 Mar 2016, at 18:38, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I guess only Natalia could help here.
>>
>> I see that you doing refactorings.
>> How I can help here ?
>>

>> On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 4:39 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> DenseOutputStepper is also empty and without subclasses.
>>> So I took the liberty to remove all unused and empty classes with and unused
>>> empty subclasses
>>>
>>> May be you can explain to me later.
>>>
>>> Stef

>>> --
>>

>> --
>> Serge Stinckwich
>> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Another ODE question

stepharo
thanks daniel :)
it means that people can add them back with code :)

Le 26/3/16 19:09, Daniel Uber a écrit :

> Hi All,
>
> Those classes sound familiar. I may have started with a lot of names,
> filled in the ones that do currently have code, and left the others as
> to-do markers, that never got done.
>
> I think I was following the structure of odeint
> https://github.com/headmyshoulder/odeint-v2 based on a hint Serge provided.
>
> Dan
>
> On 3/26/16 12:52 PM, Natalia Tymchuk wrote:
>> Hi.
>> I don’t think I created DenseOutputStepper and SimpleSymplecticSystem. And I’m not sure I worked with these classes.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Natalia
>>
>>> On 26 Mar 2016, at 18:38, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I guess only Natalia could help here.
>>>
>>> I see that you doing refactorings.
>>> How I can help here ?

>>> --
>>> Serge Stinckwich
>>> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
>>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>>> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Another ODE question

SergeStinckwich
On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 7:09 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 26/3/16 18:38, Serge Stinckwich a écrit :
>>
>> I guess only Natalia could help here.
>

> not really what I'm doing is quite simple
> mov method up, extract common behavior, add a hook, specify hook in
> subclasses
> remove duplication.
>>

>> I see that you doing refactorings.
>> How I can help here ?
>

> for now I just need to know
>
> if testClusterCovariance
>
> is a good test because this is annoying to have tests that fail randomly

I guess we can remove them because having randomly failing test is annoying.