Another Pharo based solution released

Esteban A. Maringolo
Last Friday my company released a new software solution that involves
Pharo in the server side.

It consists of a Android based app running on tablets, used for the
showcase and sales of products during expos (of retail companies),
backed by a Pharo server through a REST API, and with a Seaside based
admin/users web.

The first expo was during the last weekend (fri-sun), and it involved
the sales of a large number of orders and products (I can't disclose
the numbers).
The scale of the solution/user base is small, far from being "cloud
scale", but it is for one of the largest consumer goods manufacturer
(and the one who sold the most during the expo).
Anyhow, the server handled all the request perfectly, without a single glitch.

We already have some future expos scheduled. So it will continue to
run along the already running Pharo based solution in the same
company.

Best regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Another Pharo based solution released

jfabry

Cool, congratulations! Time for a ‘success story’ on the website?

On Jun 9, 2014, at 2:22 PM, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Last Friday my company released a new software solution that involves
> Pharo in the server side.
>
> It consists of a Android based app running on tablets, used for the
> showcase and sales of products during expos (of retail companies),
> backed by a Pharo server through a REST API, and with a Seaside based
> admin/users web.
>
> The first expo was during the last weekend (fri-sun), and it involved
> the sales of a large number of orders and products (I can't disclose
> the numbers).
> The scale of the solution/user base is small, far from being "cloud
> scale", but it is for one of the largest consumer goods manufacturer
> (and the one who sold the most during the expo).
> Anyhow, the server handled all the request perfectly, without a single glitch.
>
> We already have some future expos scheduled. So it will continue to
> run along the already running Pharo based solution in the same
> company.
>
> Best regards!
>
> Esteban A. Maringolo

---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: Another Pharo based solution released

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Nice to see that things are going well, keep it up !

On 09 Jun 2014, at 20:22, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Last Friday my company released a new software solution that involves
> Pharo in the server side.
>
> It consists of a Android based app running on tablets, used for the
> showcase and sales of products during expos (of retail companies),
> backed by a Pharo server through a REST API, and with a Seaside based
> admin/users web.
>
> The first expo was during the last weekend (fri-sun), and it involved
> the sales of a large number of orders and products (I can't disclose
> the numbers).
> The scale of the solution/user base is small, far from being "cloud
> scale", but it is for one of the largest consumer goods manufacturer
> (and the one who sold the most during the expo).
> Anyhow, the server handled all the request perfectly, without a single glitch.
>
> We already have some future expos scheduled. So it will continue to
> run along the already running Pharo based solution in the same
> company.
>
> Best regards!
>
> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Another Pharo based solution released

philippeback

Congratulations!

grt

Re: Another Pharo based solution released

grt
Congrats,

Keep up the good work!!

G R Thushar

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 1:39 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Congratulations!

Le 9 juin 2014 20:35, "Sven Van Caekenberghe" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Nice to see that things are going well, keep it up !

On 09 Jun 2014, at 20:22, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Last Friday my company released a new software solution that involves
> Pharo in the server side.
>
> It consists of a Android based app running on tablets, used for the
> showcase and sales of products during expos (of retail companies),
> backed by a Pharo server through a REST API, and with a Seaside based
> admin/users web.
>
> The first expo was during the last weekend (fri-sun), and it involved
> the sales of a large number of orders and products (I can't disclose
> the numbers).
> The scale of the solution/user base is small, far from being "cloud
> scale", but it is for one of the largest consumer goods manufacturer
> (and the one who sold the most during the expo).
> Anyhow, the server handled all the request perfectly, without a single glitch.
>
> We already have some future expos scheduled. So it will continue to
> run along the already running Pharo based solution in the same
> company.
>
> Best regards!
>
> Esteban A. Maringolo

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Another Pharo based solution released

stepharo
super
could you tell us the name of your company?
We would like to have a success story on it, is it possible.

Stef

On 9/6/14 20:22, Esteban A. Maringolo wrote:

> Last Friday my company released a new software solution that involves
> Pharo in the server side.
>
> It consists of a Android based app running on tablets, used for the
> showcase and sales of products during expos (of retail companies),
> backed by a Pharo server through a REST API, and with a Seaside based
> admin/users web.
>
> The first expo was during the last weekend (fri-sun), and it involved
> the sales of a large number of orders and products (I can't disclose
> the numbers).
> The scale of the solution/user base is small, far from being "cloud
> scale", but it is for one of the largest consumer goods manufacturer
> (and the one who sold the most during the expo).
> Anyhow, the server handled all the request perfectly, without a single glitch.
>
> We already have some future expos scheduled. So it will continue to
> run along the already running Pharo based solution in the same
> company.
>
> Best regards!
>
> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Another Pharo based solution released

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi Steph,

The company name is TrentoSur (http://trentosur.com).

I am willing to share our experiences of using Pharo as a the server
solution. However, I wouldn't call it a success story yet, six months
and the fact it isn't fully deployed yet (we're at 10% of the full
deployment) is not enough, IMO, to call it a success. Plus we can't
disclose much about the project either. But we're headed to make it a
success. :)

Anyhow, we have two Pharo based apps (they share a common, growing,
codebase), and I can emphasize about how solid Pharo is for servers,
one of the apps ran uninterruptedly for months (no unexpected downtime
in six months).

Regards!
Esteban A. Maringolo