Another beginner question: query strings, google...

Another beginner question: query strings, google...

SeanTAllen
When navigating through a pier site like Lukas' you end up with URL
like:

http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/pier?_s=mvDlpeLCyYzIkvaG&_k=OrAJMTqF&_n&20

but google has it indexed as http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/pier

Does the query string only get appended for users with cookies?

I'm assuming that is the case but its one of those fine points of
seaside and pier
that I'm not actually familiar with yet.

Re: Another beginner question: query strings, google...

Lukas Renggli-2

On Aug 27, 2008, at 18:26 , Sean Allen wrote:

> When navigating through a pier site like Lukas' you end up with URL
> like:
>
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/pier?_s=mvDlpeLCyYzIkvaG&_k=OrAJMTqF&_n&20
>
> but google has it indexed as http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/
> pier
>
> Does the query string only get appended for users with cookies?

No, that's the default of Seaside. If I find time these parameters
will eventually disappear if not needed.

> I'm assuming that is the case but its one of those fine points of
> seaside and pier that I'm not actually familiar with yet.

I don't do anything special about the URLs showing up in Google.

Some people use the Sitemap plugin of Philippe to give Google a list
of pages to index.

Cheers,
Lukas

--