Another fine web app with Amber :)

Ankh'nAton
Hiya!

Coming from Smalltalk I tried to use development workflows that I got
used to and decided to create something meaningful. Sometimes I turn
my machine into a bitcoin miner and connect it to a mining pool. That
mining pool gives me a JSON api to fetch some realtime data.

My attempt follows the desktop metaphor and uses jQueryUI dialog() for
simple windowing. First I created a window class boldly named
"SystemWindow" :) and then I subclassed some special windows. It's far
from MVC, as my windows are Model, View and Dispatcher in one.

This little project was real fun and Amber proved to be quite usable
with heavy usage of the debugger and lots of inspectors :)

See a screenshot at:
http://thbraun.404host.info/img/btc_dev.png

Now I wonder what it would take to give amber a windowing environment.
Although it would only be useful on desktop computers.

Regards...

Re: Another fine web app with Amber :)

Nicolas Petton
Awesome!

thanks for sharing it here :)

What do you mean by a windowing environment? Do you mean for the IDE itself?

Cheers,
Nico

On May 15, 2013, at 3:48 PM, Tom <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hiya!
>
> Coming from Smalltalk I tried to use development workflows that I got
> used to and decided to create something meaningful. Sometimes I turn
> my machine into a bitcoin miner and connect it to a mining pool. That
> mining pool gives me a JSON api to fetch some realtime data.
>
> My attempt follows the desktop metaphor and uses jQueryUI dialog() for
> simple windowing. First I created a window class boldly named
> "SystemWindow" :) and then I subclassed some special windows. It's far
> from MVC, as my windows are Model, View and Dispatcher in one.
>
> This little project was real fun and Amber proved to be quite usable
> with heavy usage of the debugger and lots of inspectors :)
>
> See a screenshot at:
> http://thbraun.404host.info/img/btc_dev.png
>
> Now I wonder what it would take to give amber a windowing environment.
> Although it would only be useful on desktop computers.
>
> Regards...

Nicolas Petton
http://www.nicolas-petton.fr